Friday, May 13, 2011

Thailand, Tigers, Touristy

I love animals. And so when I got to go meet some interesting ones in Thailand, I jumped on the opportunity. We went to the tiger zoo which was a bit too commercial for me, but it was still fun.


My favorite was probably the orangutan because he was lovely. Haha.. Kept gazing into my eyes.. and other places too mind you.



And we got to bottle feed a baby tiger! He was pretty cute. Yet big for being a baby. Tried to stick it in my carry on but it didn't work out.


Lots of different animals there too. And we watched the elephant show. And the tiger show. And the crocodile show. I feel like they have a show for everything. Got a little bit nervous watching the guys stick their heads into the open crocodile's mouths. I know they're trained and all, but they are still animals...


And then there was the scorpion lady. Not sure I would be the next person to sign up for this job...


The giant tiger was a bit scarier than the small one. I know he had a chain on his neck.. but still. He had sharp teeth and large paws and was sitting right next to me. Eep. But he was nice and soft.


Apparently he wasn't quite as affectionate as the orangutan.


Crazy to watch the tigers fighting. Have never seen so many tigers in my life. A bit sad for them that they couldn't be in grassy jungles somewhere.


My mom and the lion got along pretty well too. See any resemblance??

That's all for today, next stop: Sihanoukville, Cambodia

2 comments:

Chrys said...

I love the picture of your mom! So funny! Pretty sure it's a tiger not a lion though... :)
The scorpion lady creeped me out. I could never handle that!

Elsie said...

You and the orangutan cracked me up! That should be framed and displayed somewhere. I would have been afraid to sit that close to the tiger, thinking of the Siegfried and Roy incident :o You were just as brave as scorpion lady.