Monday, October 18, 2010

Tides, Trees, Trails

When people ask me how long I'm home for between travels, I say 3 and a half weeks but with all I have been blessed to be able to do and all the people I have been able to connect with, I honestly feel like I have been home for a few months! It has been a sheer delight and blessing!

This week I went to Vancouver Island with my friend Brooke. There is something recharging and renewing to the soul to sit by the beach and watch it for hours, while reading. To watch the sunrise from bed over the ocean. To walk barefoot on the sand despite the freezing cold water. The trip was wonderful and I came back incredibly refreshed!




Sometimes I find it funny to see what people have on the back windowsill of their cars. In this case it was matching dolls.. which I have to admit was a bit strange, so the moment definitely merited a picture. hope they didn't notice us following them in order to photograph their dolls.


I have decided that if I get any more dogs, they should be this kind... they're cute enough.










I stood almost knee deep in the water which was freezing... but so refreshing and wonderful at the same time! Especially since the sun was setting right then too...



Brooke and I stopped at random farms, including a pie place! Funny though because they only had frozen pies...


And we were lucky enough to pass by a GIANT hockey stick. And well, my newest life ambition is to find millions of oversized random things and take pictures of them.



And now my pictures randomly take a break from the island... Thanksgiving weekend, my lovely friend Anne was out and so we got to meet for coffee and go to church together and it was wonderful to see her again! I look forward to the next visit already!


Anne's Cedric had a nice tea with my Cedric...


And two days before that, Megan and I went to Seattle where we saw two musicals and just had a wonderful time catching up and hanging out! How wonderful. There's more pictures to come that are on Megan's camera.. actually quite a funny one that demonstrates how American portion sizes seem to be much larger than here in Canada...




Back to the island... we saw a GIANT GNOME!!! Amazing. I was in awe actually. And a little sad I had left Cedric at home.



The forests on the island are absolutely wonderful. We went for a lot of walks in the woods and it was delightful (except in those moments that we remembered the last time we were in the woods alone we ran into a bear...)


I like this picture because it looks like an abstract painting.. while it's just an out of focus picture of trees. :)


Oh how I love the colours of fall!








Can anyone find Brooke in this photo?





I discovered the joy of spinning forest photos...


Along with the joy of monstrous trees... makes you feel pretty insignificant.







And I end my post with a photo of a celebrity I recently met. Chrystal and I were unassumingly enjoying dinner at Red Robin's.. when suddenly Red came up to our table.. Wow. I was star struck. How many times have I been to Red Robin's and never met Red himself? I felt honoured and priveleged.


Enjoy your Monday!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

More wonderful adventures! I saw those same owl and dog statues this summer when we visited the Island (those are my kind of dogs too - you never need a plastic bag : ) And lucky you met THE Red Robin! You have a knack for being where the action is.