Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanksgiving, Thankful, Turkeys

Happy Thanksgiving!

I decided to do a post with some pictures and captions of some of the things I'm incredibly thankful for. Then I got carried away and realize I like delaying going to bed as much as possible.. so here I am at 1:30 am posting these things, but I am so so so thankful of how incredibly blessed I am and don't want to forget it for one moment! I am not able to mention everything or everyone, but in summary, here are a few of the things I'm thankful for today:


Little boys who aren't too fond of being in costumes...


Friends who will act silly with you...


High School Friends...


Crazy friends... who will even stay up til 6am with you to watch Gilmore Girls episodes...


Long-time friends...


Studious friends... (and who will ditch their studies to watch Friends)


Church friends... who put on the best meals ever!


Friends getting married...


Encouraging and inspiring friends...


Breakfast making friends...


Friends who steal your camera and take pictures of themselves...


Friends to joke with and have good chats...


Hugs...


Friends to get excited with...


Friends who make me smile...


Friends to embrace yourself with...


Sushi eating friends...


Friends in relationships...


Friends to roadtrip with...


Bible School friends...



Friends that warm your heart...


Friends that bring you joy...


My mom... seriously, she's the best ever. Well I'm biased. But she probably thought I was the cutest most beautiful baby girl in the world.. so I can say she's the best mom. Because to me, she is....


Friends to have girls nights with...


Friends to make nacho mountians with (and who know how to spell)...


Cousins who are also dear friends...


Snuggles with my fave...


Cousins who are friends and 1st, 3rd and 4th cousins...


South African friends...


Friends to celebrate with...


An amazing and incredible world to explore and discover...


Fresh fruits and veggies easily accessible...


Fun and crazy youth nights...


Puppies! (okay my actions would prove I'm not so thankful for those...)


An amazing and awesome group of youth that I love hanging out with...


Birthdays...


Missions... My church...


Living nearby millions of amazing places to photograph...


Sunrises and sunsets...


Traveling and having my breath taken away by God's amazing creation...


Friends to have good chats with...


A comfy and warm bed to sleep in every night...


Knowledge and learning...


Friends to canoe with...


Getting mail!!! Love it!....


Large, random, oversized items to take funny pictures with...


Traveling gnomes to keep me company...


Being able to enjoy and spend time with my friends' kids...


Remember the simple pleasures of being a child...


Musicals...


Underwater cameras...


Living in a nuclear weapons free zone...


Camping...


Having a washer and dryer in my house...


Water! Lakes, oceans, rivers...


Friends to go on day trips with...


Yahtzee! And games in general...


The ability and freedom to drive...


Wonderful family...


Tasty food to share with people I love...


And absolute cuteness I cannot get enough of...

So there are a few of the things I am so thankful for. I am continually overwhelmed and thankful for how blessed my life is. I am thankful to be part of a wonderful community, to have amazing friends and family and to have so many opportunities every day. Happy Thanksgiving!

What are you thankful for?

5 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Wonderful things to be thankful for Vanessa. You are surrounded by amazing friends and family. They are blessed to be so appreciated.
enjoy your holiday.

Elsie said...

Your thankful heart reminds me of Proverbs 15:15 - "All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast." Your attitude of gratitude enables you to recognize, appreciate and feast on the blessings that come your way. Many people miss out on that. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anneliese said...

The number of friends you have from different stages and places... say a lot about the kind of person and friend you are. Your friends are blessed.
funny ....My word verification is brolike ... reminds me of the verse ...there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother...or that a friend can be like a brother.

Amy Synesael said...

That was great! Thanks for including me in your post as the friend who doesn't know how to spell! haha

Beck's Bulletin said...

You are an amazing young woman who is obviously an amazing friend!!! To have so many friends to be thankful for....by the way I love coming to your blog and just having your playlist playing while i work!(shh...don't tell anyone)