Thursday, October 7, 2010

Boomerang, Banana, Bambi

This is my last really long post of pictures, I promise! Turns out all the pictures from the point and shoot camera take far less long to upload, so i was happy to do it. Especially because I really love some of them and wanted to share them with you!


Learning to throw a boomerang. I failed miserably but it was fun nonetheless.


I love these types of fountains. Makes me want to jump in and splash around.





Here's my foreign fruit trying! I think it's called a tamarillo but maybe not. No matter how many times I looked at the name in the grocery store I would forget. It tasted disgusting. But I think I had just brushed my teeth beforehand or something. Or maybe because I had no idea what it was or how I should eat it. Oh well, at least I tried.





I am now obsessed with finding large icons in places. So here is a large trout. When I drive by a random oversized item, it brings joy to my heart.


Cedric reminded me to keep to the left thankfully.



Large pear, orange, apple and.. nectarine maybe?




Fergburger in Queenstown-so tasty! Here's me eating Bambi. I mean.. uh, the Bambi Burger. Side note: 2 years ago, I learned that Bambi was a boy. Maybe I didn't actually pay attention to the movie when I was younger, but I was convinced that Bambi was a girl and had an argument with someone 2 years ago about it because I was convinced. Just when you think you've been educated...


Enjoying jet boating! Except for the frostbite my forehead endured.


Beautiful blue Shotover River!


Cedric contemplating bungee jumping. I reminded him that usually you need a rope attached to your ankles first.


Cedric is so helpful at pointing people towards things. Funny because I would always ask where the bathroom was.. and they'd look at me funny. They're called toilets rather. Of course.





So many options of where to go


Love love love this plant





It was a bit windy. Or I used a lot of hairspray in my hair. I don't remember which it was.


I'm pretty strong


Crampons turn out to be very handy on ice


Franz Josef Glacier





Kea-an alpine parrot








I found this funny.


Apparently when I smile normally in pictures (which I have started doing), I start laughing at myself. And when I laugh at myself in photos I scrunch my noise. Seeing me with a scrunched nose makes me happy.


Beautiful day at Cape Reigna. You could see a lot from the viewpoint. it was amazing. I got a beautiful tan that day.





Me = hardcore





Black sand beaches!


Random things on fences. My favorite was the fence full of bras


Large Carrot!!


Hot Pools!


Sign that made me leery of going in the hot pools!


Orakei Korako Geothermal Area


Once again, a beautiful, sunny day. I had to dump water on myself to cool down.








Bubbling mud!


Lemon trees are perfect places to hang lifejackets


I love the chickens! They have the BEST hair.


Once again my favorite plant. every time i saw it i had the urge to take a picture of it.


Huka Falls


Fly Fishing. And yes, the water was cold and my hands were numb. But i LOVED every minute of it.





Fishy!


Lake Taupo




You probably already recognize this as my favorite plant.. hahaha







Hot Water Beach












One of my favorite little buddies! :)





Blurry koala crossing


My favorite trees


I was always sad to see roo roadkill :( Glad I didn't create any of it


Big Banana! How can it get any better?


Wave jumping in the morning at the beach!


Large Oyster. Really, who thinks of these things?


Amy and I on our shopping excursion. I bought a pink bottle to hold water. I figured it would look nice in my red kitchen. And my nose is on its way to being scrunched in this photo.

Oscar, my trusty driving companion (posing with Amy)
Visiting friends in Australia.

And that's it! The End! Officially. I think. Now I can get on to the rest of life! Hope you've enjoyed! I'm off to Seattle for a couple days with a friend and we're excited to turn off phones and go technology free for a couple days. Might do a schedules post (in case you're wondering how I'm blogging) for while I'm gone.

Enjoy your Friday!

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

So by failed miserably do you mean the boomerang never came back or you had an unfortunate accident? I'd love some expansion on that:)
Is that sign really warning you that elderly people are crossing? That's awesome if it is:) Thanks for all the pictures - I've loved looking at them!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh you do find the best photo ops. ..I smiled repeatedly at your humor.
Enjoy your lay low no cell weekend.

Elsie said...

I so enjoyed your photos and the humorous captions. Those chickens look like they have fur instead of feathers! It's nice to see your "normal" face in pictures more often, even with a scrunched nose : )

Laura said...

LOVE the caption for wind/hairspray, and I want one of those chickens with the hair. AWESOME.