Monday, October 25, 2010

Choices, Clue, Canucks

It has always been my theory that as long as I am at a Canucks game, wear my jersey and get on the big screen, the Canucks win. They should probably hire me and pay for me to go to all the games just so they can win. The other night Kristen and I enjoyed the game and of course, we won.


This last week has been filled with so many wonderful things. Family and friends involved in most of it and it's been delightful. But also filled with some tough choices which hasn't been so fun.


Last night I ran a Clue Night at church with our jr. and sr. high youth. We had one last year and it was a great success so we did another one this year and it was great! We had 8 rooms and many wonderful and willing volunteers! The kids all had a great time and thankfully, the mystery was solved. :)


We had a kitchen, a bakery, a conservatory, games room, sports room, knitting room, library, and the professor's office. It was fun seeing the people in character and also to see the things that they made the youth do before they got an answer to their questions.


Some of the bakery's creations...


The fantastic ladies of the bakery


Some game challenges in the games room


Eating the pizzas that were made in the kitchen


All in all a great night and fun to be involved with the youth again. And as I alluded to choices earlier in this post, I have made the really difficult decision to not go to South Africa this Thursday. Was supposed to go for a month. And just realized for so many reasons that I wasn't supposed to go and that I need to be home right now. Very sad though because I was so looking forward to meeting my friends' families and spending time with them. But I know there will be other chances!


One of the things though that I am SO excited for in staying home right now is hanging out with this little guy lots and to meet a new little one very soon! Can't wait!!!! I got to spend the whole day playing today and it was tiring but so fun!


Beautiful flowers from my mom's garden.


Have I mentioned I LOVE this kid?

That's all for now. So you'll be hearing much more from me in the future. Maybe not about African adventures, but about the adventures I'm having around home. And tomorrow I have a big interview that I'm a little bit nervous for! We shall see how it goes! More on that to come...

No comments: