Sunday, January 11, 2009

Memories, 'Membering, Many

Today marks six years since my dad passed away-crazy how time flies. So as I usually do, I thought I'd post a few of my favorite pictures. One of these years I'll scan some new ones in! :) It's weird because more than any other time, this past year I have had so many instances where I pause to call my dad to tell him something and then remember. Weird how that can still happen. I miss my dad a lot but have been remembering him with deep gratitude for the life he lived and the love that he loved me with and that in itself is overwhelming.
So, although I'm sad because I miss my dad, I am overwhelmed with gratitude and thanks for the opportunity I had to know him. And am thankful for the pain, because that is indicative of the fact that there was indeed great love and joy.


3 comments:

Elsie said...

It's good to remember and thank God for all the blessings you received through your Dad!

christy said...

will say a little prayer for you tonight, knowing that each year and each day doesn't get any easier for you.

sonja said...

thanks for sharing those pictures. the first one with you guys all piled up... love it. the time has gone by fast.. doesn't seem like that long ago.