Friday, January 16, 2009

Calgary, 'Couver, Courses

Happy Friday!! So I really haven't been blogging much lately because I'm never on my computer, which I am loving! Since I got my blackberry, I don't ever check my email or facebook because it all gets sent to me-it's quite nice. perhaps once I start actually working on school stuff I will blog more!

Speaking of school, I had dropped two classes and was only taking two and now I picked up two again because I realize that I do really want to fully graduate in April and so why not burn myself out for one last semester.. So I'm taking two directed studies. One is on moral psychology and the other one on the connection between psychotherapy and spirituality. Then I'm doing my undergrad thesis on moral reasoning development in elementary aged children (if you have children elementary school age and would be interested in participating-let me know!) And then I'm taking Learning which is the only class I have to be at school for three days a week. So it should be busy, but I'm looking forward to it!

I just bought a dumpload of paint at Home Depot. Not sure when I'll have time to paint, but hopefully I"ll fit it in somewhere! So, if you like to paint, let me know!! :)

The last two weeks have been rough for a variety of reasons and the other day someone I know left me this poem in relation to something I had written. But the timing of it being given to me was perfect and really encouraged me. So I thought I'd write it out here:

Oak

You are an ancient giant oak,
wind twisted, wrenched by rain;
Stripped of gold,
...bud-bursting green again.

Wind and rain beat mountains down,
conspire to break you ... slow;
Life within drives deeper, deeper,
..still you grow



And that's all for now! Tomorrow morning I am off to Calgary and will have lunch with Jenn and then hang out with Lindie. And then it's off to Disneyland on Sunday!! Yahoo!! So stay tuned next week for fun Disney pictures!!

Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

Chrys said...

I can't believe you added 2 courses again. You're crazy!
Have fun in the land of Disney! Make sure you go on It's a Small World for me - it's my favourite!