Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Done, Dream, Die

Happy Snowy Tuesday all!! I'm off to go swim some laps at the pool, but thought I'd write a quick little update first! :) I have not been doing any homework still. Time is ticking. Shoot. But I finished painting my bedroom and bathroom and put stuff back up on the walls. I love love love love love love love love it! It makes me happy. The pictures don't quite do it justice.. but if you ever want to come over for tea, then I'd be happy to show you, just let me know! :) I posted a few pictures but in the big shot of my room the glass on the picture frame reflected funny, so that's the flash not a weird white mark on my walls.

For never having painted a room in my life, I think I did a decent job! Yes, there is paint on my ceiling, baseboards and even on the carpet and the perfectionist in me cringes.. But at the same time, I'm working on embracing imperfection and symbolically I will do so with my paint job! haha.. So for now I will simply enjoy it! And I was excited to finally put a few of my pictures into picture frames to hang. I ordered a shot from hawaii that should be arriving anyday now! And my bedroom is ready to receive it! It has always been my room to have a blue bedroom, so I am quite happy that it is finally so! Last night I fell asleep in my bed (which was in the middle of the room) under many blankets, with the window wide open letting in freezing cold air, hoping I would not die from the paint fumes. Thankfully I did not..

Now I guess I have no excuse to procrastinate the homework!! I have a midterm on Friday for a class I will have only gone to three times, so that should be interesting! Hopefully after my swim tonight I will get cracking on it!
Tomorrow night I get to see my friend Liz from Quebec who is studying at SFU for a semester-SO excited to see her!! I visited her a couple years back in Quebec City but have not seen her since.
Also, thanks to Elsie for the church tip for sundays. This weekend I'm on worship team at my home church but soon I will definitely come check it out! I have been wanting to check out churches in Langley and so that will be my first one! Is that where you attend?
Okay folks, I'm off to walk to the post office and then the pool! I have lots of mail to send out (having lots of homework to do also makes me very motivated for letter writing.. If anyone wants to swap addresses to send snail mail in letter form or postcard form, I'm in! Always looking for new people to write! :) (and secretly, i love getting mail!)

Updated Countdown:
14 days until Colorado and Las Vegas!!
23 more days until Bahamas!
3 more months until I graduate!!!!!!!!

Have a great evening friends!

5 comments:

Chrys said...

I love how it turned out!! I'm glad I got to be part of the process :) and I'd love to come see the finished product, but not for tea...
And I am also glad yo udidn't die from paint fumes :)

Yvonne said...

I guess this post answers my question on facebook:) I really do think it looks great. You did an awesome job! I cannot believe you slept all night long with the window open. I would have slept on the couch:P
I'm absolutely flabbergasted that you're going to write a midterm that you've only attended 3 classes for. I didn't know you could still be registered in a class after missing so many! Hopefully, now that it's 9:00pm, you're actually studying.
I would love to exchange snail mail with you! I love, love, love writing letters. That was one of my favorite things to do when I was at Bible school. It just seems weird to send them now when email is so much more convenient. But letters are so special and getting mail is always fun.
Have a good night!

Elsie said...

Woah, that was shocking to suddenly see my name in your blog........yes, that is my church. We have a number of TWU students attending (picked up by our church bus) so you'll probably see people you know. And when I spot you I will be sure to welcome you personally!

(Nice blue room, by the way)

sonja said...

now that is the bluest blue i've ever seen!! my eyes automatically squinted at the first picture as the brightness of it just forced them that way!! looks good! i don't know that i'd be able to sleep in such a loud room! lol. i like the necklace wall in your bathroom... those necklaces are from all over the world i would assume - they are works of art! very cool.

Chrys said...

I LOVE the room. It's even more amazing in person!