Friday, January 9, 2009

Goals, Grateful, Great

Good Morning!! I'm up so early so figured I'd make use of it and blog and catch up on emails. Probably should do some schoolwork or something but I figure that will come later on... Yesterday I got some bad news in the fact that our thesis proposal was rejected by the elementary school that we wanted to do our research at. This sucks because we have to maybe revise it and try again or back to the drawing board and make up a whole new project. Yay for a semester's worth of work gone down the drain. Sigh. Maybe whatever we do will be WAY better than what we would have done before. We'll have to wait and see. :)

Kristen and I were talking about 2009 and a few things we wanted to strive for in the new year. She posted hers, so I felt inspired to post some of mine. I've decided to call them goals though, because for me goals seem to encourage failure and to keep going.. that all movement isn't forward. In my mind, it's always been engrained that resolutions are bound for failure soon after. Not that the word is bad, but growing up that's always how I have thought about them, so I figured I'd reframe them for myself.

Here's a few:
1. Slow down and enjoy life
2. Go to a musical every month
3. Go on a trip every month
4. Pursue a healthier lifestyle (with eating, exercise, time management, coping mechanisms for stress, thought patterns, relationships, emotions, spiritually, etc.)
5. Floss more
6. Try to walk to the grocery store instead of drive and reuse bags
7. Reply to letters and emails faster
8. Take a day a month to go take pictures

That's all I can think of for now but I know there are more. Here's how I'm accomplishing them so far.
1. I dropped two classes and am trying to take it a lot easier
2. Went to Beauty and the Beast
3. Went to Calgary and am going to Disneyland in a week or so
4. Have been eating way healthier, working out, and pursuing a healthier, more productive thought life
5. oops
6. Haven't grocery shopped yet-haha
7. Slowly but surely
8. yet to come!! :)

And just to practice gratitude, here are a few things I'm thankful for today:
1. More hours in my day (because I'm up early)
2. Having my own place
3. Having great friends

More to come! have a great day friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on #8! It made our list as well. Except we added the words "for fun" on the end. ;-)