Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Facebook, Flickr, Food, Finals

I didn't have any pictures and was trying to delay studying a little longer, so I took some nice pics with my point and shoot out my bedroom window. always a lovely view of my beautiful oak tree.

This was me after having studied for a couple hours.. I was hungry and awaiting my dinner delivery.
And then it came!! Hoorah!
This is a lovely picture of some of my notes. When taking microscopic notes, I forget that they're hard to read later on.. Oh well, perhaps one day I'll learn!!

A couple weeks ago after much thought and deliberation, I decided to delete my facebook account. It was really hard to do, because it is nice to keep in touch with people and to share my photos with others... But then I realized that a) I want to have more face to face contact with people rather than online on facebook b) if people want to know about my life they can call me or email rather than stalk me anonymously on facebook c) i wasted far too much time on it and it made me take five times longer to do school assignments d) i had way too many messages to reply to and felt at times socially overwhelmed.

Since deleting it, I feel fairly free! It's amazing how much more time I seem to have and I don't spend hours waiting for people to write on my wall.. (just waiting now for them to comment on my blog.. hehe)

Anyway, since I'm unable to share my pictures on facebook anymore, I started a Flickr site. I have not had a chance to post all my photos yet, but have posted 1000 of them (and that's only from three trips! hahaha)... Anyway, the address is http://www.flickr.com/photos/24070991@N03/ Feel free to go take a look at them. I have tried to categorize them. If you see any that you really like, comment and let me know-cuz i love getting comments and feedback on my shots!! at least comment on one of them so i know you've checked them out! ;)

Today over lunch I was sitting with one of my profs and got some good tips and thoughts for grad school. More and more the idea of applying for my masters/phd does not seem so looming and scary! I have been checking out some of my research options at different universities and it looks like it should be interesting!

I have my second final tomorrow afternoon. I just started studying (and am currently further procrastinating!) but I'm not too worried. If I get 50% (which is definitely do-able), I will get 85% in the class. So it's all good! :)

Here's a quote I ran across while studying: "to know and not to do is not to know"
Makes me think of all the things that I know about but do not actually apply to my life and exhibit in my daily actions.. Do I really know those truths if I am not acting upon them? Interesting food for thought...

Updated Countdown:
18 days until Guatemala
14 days until Leslie visits
6 more days until Desiree and I go to Seattle
3 more finals
2 more days of school
1 more shift at Starbucks! (it's Sunday from 5:45am until 12:15pm so you should all come visit me at Mt. Lehman!!)

Have a great evening friends, I'm going to get back to my diligent studying...

2 comments:

Chrys said...

I always love your pictures! I haven't looked at your Flickr account yet but I definitely will! And I will do my best to visit you at work on Sunday.
Will we be able to fit a tennis game into your busy schedule? I'll give you a call tomorrow and see what we can work out. Happy studying!

kelly ens said...

way to go on deleting facebook. a while ago, i deleted about half my 'friends' on there, since i never talked to half of them. So i know in part the freedom you speak of :)