Monday, April 7, 2008

Busy, Bed, Breakfast

This weekend I had really great plans for getting a lot of homework done and getting ahead of schoolwork. Unfortunately the said weekend is over and there is not schoolwork completed. And I'm tired and the last thing I want to do is schoolwork!! Oops!

Friday I worked an eight hour shift starting at 4:15 am. Then I had a Guatemala meeting, then hung out with my friend Heidi at a coffee shop in Murrayville. Saturday I slept in and then headed to church for worship team. In the last four weeks, this was my third time on which was a bit much, just because it makes the weekend pretty busy, but it was still good. In church lately it's weird, because I'll hit a point where suddenly I hit a rational/logical roadblock and then I'm just stumped. During practice, it hit me and then I was kind of stuck. Hard to kind of explain, but somehow I just get really frustrated with myself and with God and then just start crying.. had to leave in the middle of our songs to collect myself behind stage. I keep wondering if I just need to set these things aside and ignore them, or if I really do need to keep looking at them. Yet they keep coming up over and over again and it's annoying. And pretty much I've done a horrible job of explaining it, but that's the general idea.

After church on Sunday, I worked from 2-10. The first two hours I was running around non-stop making drinks for drive-thru. There was not a single moment where there weren't six cars lined up in drivethru each waiting for five drinks that had ten million modifications to them. I was exhausted after the first two hours and a little disheartened that I still had six hours left in my shift! I made it through though!

This morning I got to open again at 4:15am and was pretty exhausted because I was pretty wired after work last night and couldn't get to sleep... but work was good and then I came home and slept a bit and hopefully now I'll be able to get stuff done.

No pictures in this post and really no exciting information. But I felt like posting. So thanks for reading. ;)

Countdown:
19 days until Guatemala (CRAZY!)
15 days until Leslie visits! (FUN!)
3 more days of school! (YIPPEE!)
3 more finals! (UGH!)
1 more day of work (YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!)

4 comments:

vfehr said...

Hey Vanessa!

Let's hang out again soon. I was looking at my planner and thinking that we haven't hung out in a while... let's change that!

have a great day! ~v

Lovella ♥ said...

Vanessa, I hear you. I've had times in church where I could just bawl through the whole thing.
It's hard to explain to others when you can't explain it. . .when you aren't free to explain it.
It does sound like your terribly busy and a rest is what you need. Keep watching those countdowns.

kelly ens said...

yeah, that's a LOT of weeks on in a short amount of time. I found 2 weeks in a row to be a lot!
but i really enjoyed being on with you this weekend!! :)

Chrys said...

I'm getting behind on your posts! I don't expect you to post this often. i guess that's what happens when you're procrastinating studying for exams :)