Friday, April 11, 2008

Mexico, Mint, Movie, Mamma Mia

To answer the question in your mind, NO i am not going to mexico.. hehe.. My mom is there right now and so I have the house to myself which is kind of nice. I can have different friends over and pretend that I'm an independent responsible individual (it's nice to be able to fool myself for at least a week).

Wednesday I had my second exam. My prof originally said that if we wrote it in under an hour, we would probably fail. In my own pride, I decided I would make it my personal goal to write it as fast as possible.. and I wrote it in half an hour.. pretty sure i didn't fail, but then i thought it would be kind of funny/ironic if I really did fail.. hehe.. okay, i'm sure i wouldn't be okay with it, but whatever! :)

Yesterday was the last day of classes, so in the evening, Jocelyn came over for a hot tub and we ate a lot of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Generally I don't like ice cream, but last night I really wanted it and mint chocolate chip is the one kind I really like. It was a nice little celebration.

My cousin Desiree and I went for a bike ride today after a long break with no biking. It was great to be outside again! Then we made a video for your enjoyment of what a typical phone message is between us (except far more rowdy and creative than what's on the video..hope you enjoy it though!! we think we're pretty funny...) Then we watched The Lady and the Tramp which was fantastic! Hadn't seen it in a while, so it was good to watch again!

Tonight Chrystal and I are going for dinner in Vancouver and then to Mamma Mia! I'm pretty excited-it should be a lot of fun!!

And here's the quote for the day to give some food for thought:

"I sense that there is something very special about the transformed qualities of faith, love, and hope. This is very hard to describe, and my attempts always feel shabby; but I must try. In their truly contemplative and transformed state faith, hope, and love are tied to no particular ends; they have no object. Contemplative faith is not faith that God exists, that life is essentially good, or that this or that is true. All such things are beliefs, not faith. Faith is, instead, a way of being, completely open, empty, as John would say, of all specifics. Contemplative faith is more like a continual fire of goodness, warming and illuminating every breath. Contemplative love is completey beyond comprehension. It is not love of some things to the exclusion of others, for that would be attachment. True love is like some infinite way of being that we become part of: a flowing energy of willingness, an eternal yes resounding with every heartbeat. And contemplative hope, the transformed hope, is also completely open and free. It is not hope for peace or justice or healing; that also would be attachment. It is just hope, naked hope, a bare energy of open expectancy." -Gerald May from "The Dark Night of the Soul"

And my updated countdown:
NO more days of classes!!!
1 more shift at Starbucks!!
2 more exams!
4 more days until a getaway to Seattle!
11 days until Leslie comes (and Earth Day-woohoo)
15 days until Guatemala!! (ahhh.. crazy!)

Hope you all have a great day!! If the video doesn't show up, just click the big black empty space.. flick your mouse to the bottom left of it and the play sign should show up.. don't know why it doesn't show up on mine.. and it'll come hopefully-be sure to have your volume up to hear our lovely voices!

1 comment:

Chrys said...

As always, your video made me laugh. I love how they often end up with the two of you skipping around your kitchen!