Sunday, August 8, 2010

Underwater, Uglify, Unaccustomed

Underwater cameras = FUN
Underwater pictures = Uglifying {well, not really, but it started with a 'u' so i figured it worked.. but they are not the most complimentary photos to be sure but i will embrace them nonetheless}


As alluded to above, my friend Emily and I had dinner and underwater camera fun the other night. I love underwater cameras but this night photoshoot opened up my world to so many more possibilities.
We wanted pictures from afar and decided why not use the self-timer. While I am not accustomed to using an underwater camera with a timer, we are now officially pros.
We had a lot of laughs, especially because in some of the pictures, our faces are SO distorted!
One of my other favorite things in life is water. I love to drink water, and to swim in it.
I think that is partly as a result of having grown up in the swimming pool during the summers. Every morning in the summer, we would wake up, eat breakfast, go swim, have a lunch break, go swim again, have dinner and then go to bed early to start the day again the next day.
Actually, I was talking to my cousin the other day and we were joking that my brothers and I used to have to go to bed super early.. And whenever their family was over, we'd go to bed while they played in the pool outside. And they would see my brother looking longingly out the window waving, wishing he was there. hahaha.. the thought of it made me laugh. Too bad those sleeping habits didn't stick.
I love eye shots and also crazy hair shots underwater.
If I could be any animal, I think I would choose to be a fish. Actually, maybe a dolphin. Yeah. Because they can attack sharks in the side of the head. Perfect. And they're super smart and everyone loves them. And I know all about how dolphins can get stuck in nets and stuff, so I wouldn't do that.
We decided that a night of swimming fun was not complete without a tea party. We didn't want to go inside wet, so we used our colorful cups for our underwater tea party. A great time was had by all.
Now I think I will go swimming, because this post made me want to do just that! :)

Des' wedding was fantastic! it was outside, with no tent, and it rained quite hard.. but we didn't let that dampen our spirits! And thank goodness for umbrellas! Everything was beautiful and had an essence of magic to it. As I walked down the aisle to "Somewhere over the rainbow" i laughed a bit at the irony of it and wondered where the sun was to create the rainbow.

I have no pictures because I didn't take any, but when I get some, I will post more about the big day! And for now I will recover from standing most of the day and dancing most of the night! Today is truly a day of rest for me! Enjoy your Sunday!

1 comment:

kelly ens said...

wow - i think i remember saying this before, but your underwater camera takes great pictures!
i'm impressed with both of your ability/willingness to open your eyes and mouths in the water. i wear contacts, so i can NEVER open my eyes underwater.