Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cameras, Chilliwack, Club

Yesterday was one of those wonderfully lazy days. As was yesterday. I decided I needed one more. The days when you go with the flow and all is well (funny enough when I look at my day, it was still quite full! haha)


The day began with a drive to Vancouver to pick up the newlyweds. Unfortunately, thanks to our summer construction traffic, I was about 45 minutes late picking them up- oops! Then I enjoyed lunch with a friend.


And on lazy summer days, what a better way to spend it than in between the hot tub and pool with family? Delightful. As is the leg across the above picture. And here I am using my new underwater camera since my old one seemed to have gotten water in it and is now broken {go figure}. And to answer, Kelly's question, I am thinking about getting a Canon 7D. And right now I have a Canon 40D with 3 different lenses that I will be able to transfer over {one of which is a wide angle which I absolutely LOVE playing around with}. And in answer to the other question, I am headed down under for 5 and a half weeks. Crazy long time! And all that is planned so far is that I have a flight to Australia. Haha.. I'm counting on spontaneity and adventure for this one.


Then I drove out to Chilliwack, to enjoy a BBQ with more family. It was my cousin's son's birthday as well, so it was fun to be there to celebrate with him. And we figured since we were at a wedding in the rain on the weekend, we could stand a bit of drizzle during our BBQ.


Then I headed to prison which was great as per usual {if you're ever interested in volunteering every other Monday night, there are a lot of women who are waiting for matches!} It's funny, because I have now played crazy 8's there quite a few times and every time I forget how to play. I'm thinking I will remember next time hopefully. My time there is always inspiring and truly thought provoking.


After, I went to Sharks Club to join Kristen and her friends in a farewell to Kristen who left early this morning to head down to grad school in California. Her and I got through our undergrads together with a lot of fun and craziness! She was one of my main university friends and I am thankful that I have a lot of great memories and laughs I can share with her!

Today I am heading to the lake for some more canoeing {have I mentioned I love my canoe?}

Enjoy your Tuesday!

1 comment:

kelly ens said...

i will try to keep my camera jealousy at bay. even though i'm a nikon user, i can certainly appreciate the quality of a canon (i actually have a canon a-1 film SLR), especially the 7D. and three lenses...oh, my day will come :)
5+ weeks down under...that will be AWESOME!!!! looking forward to reading about the spontaneous adventures you have.
happy canoeing (yes, i can see how that would be a fantastic investment!)