Monday, August 23, 2010

Frontenac, Fort, Fruity

Do you have a place that when you go there, your heart feels like it is at home and has this incredibly longing to be there? Quebec is that for me. So, being in Quebec as our final provincial destination was wonderful. Just seeing French signs makes me giddy.


Anne had never been to Quebec City, so I was quite excited to show her some of my favorite spots. We wandered in the evening and morning and it was delightful to take it all in. I think if I ever moved to Quebec, I would move to Quebec City, or Levis. or somewhere very close by.


I love how everything is lit up at night-it feels like you've stepped into history. And the people watching is fantastic as well. It feels almost whimsical as you walk through the cobblestone streets, taking in all the history.


Did I mention I love the evening lighting?


I have always wanted to spend a night at the Chateau Frontenac, which is one of the main things you see from the river and it's a central part to Quebec City, with the boardwalk to the Plains of Abraham in front.


Thanks to some of my favorite online sights, I got us a really good deal and we ended up staying on the top floor with a stunning view of the city. So beautiful!!


It is always a good contrast to go from sleeping in the car to sleeping in a magnificent hotel. But the contrast was welcomed.




In the evening we went for crepes!



In Levis, there is an ice cream place that I was taken to a few years ago that has the BEST soft serve chocolate dipped ice cream. You can get dark or milk chocolate and different flavours of soft serve. It's super thick on there too. If you are ever in Quebec City, take the ferry to Levis and go taste the ice cream! I passed on the favour and took Anne there to introduce her to it!




The hotel also had a pool that we enjoyed swimming in. And of course, the people around us were quite confused as to why we were bringing our digital camera into the pool. I guess not everyone is familiar with underwater digital cameras yet. But it is fun to watch people's reactions as you accidentally drop your camera in water...



The next morning, I met my friend Liz for breakfast at Tutti Frutti! Quebec places always have such beautiful fruit on their breakfast plates!



Next up: All the random pictures I didn't post in the other posts and the pics I got off of Anne's camera. Stay tuned! :)

No comments: