Monday, August 9, 2010

Beach, Blackie, Bucket

Evidently my body doesn't deal very well with a full day of standing and moving around. Yesterday morning I woke up quite tired and just wanting to go back to sleep. I also had a migraine and did not feel good {and no, it was not a hangover- never been drunk nor do I plan on ever being so}.

Anyway, I decided a lazy day was in store for me. So I went downstairs with some popcorn and enjoyed watching 'Singin' in the Rain' the movie. So good!

Then I decided I had the urge to go to the beach and walk in the water, so off I went!

Wasn't the nicest day, but the colors were still brilliant with the sun as it was beginning to set.
I walked in the water, sat on a couple different benches and just enjoyed the smell of saltwater overwhelming my senses. I love the smell of the ocean. It just has this effect on me that is wonderful and makes me want to be outside, taking it all in.
I went to Crescent Beach and then went walking over by Blackie Spit. Never been there, but I liked it.
Cool logs, flowers and plants everywhere. Oh, and the ocean of course.
I haven't taken my camera out for a while just to snap shots and it was fantastic. So good to have the feel of my camera in my hands and to just keep snapping pictures. Taking pictures makes me feel more alive somehow. Seeing beauty and capturing it. Capturing it in the unique way that I see it.
And in honour of my beach day, I decided to fill out a mad libs on 'How to Enjoy Yourself on the beach. Here it is {I will leave it for you to figure out which blanks I filled in...}

When you go to the beach, you must take a long a big blanket, a thermos bottle full of milk, lots of suntan snot, and a couple of folding beds. Then you put on your socks so you can get a beautiful pink to last you all summer. You should also have a big hat to keep the sun off your leg. If you want exercise, you can find some trees to play volleyball with. Volleyball is America's favorite fantastic game. You can also bring a disgusting lunch, such as hard-boiled dogs, and a few crocodile sandwiches with mustard, and some bottles of poop cola. If you remember all of the above and get a place near a funny lifeguard, you can sunbathe strangely all day.
There you go. I love mad libs. They still make me laugh because I guess they just embody silliness.
In the evening I drove out to where a friend was dog-sitting and we watched home improvement. Best part was that it took us watching the beginning of 4 different episodes before we finally found the one we ended off on last time. And a couple of them we were like "yeah, this one's new, we haven't seen it before". Three minutes later, "Um, yeah, we've totally see this." "Really? What's it about again?" haha.. you know you're getting older when...
I bought a book the other day on 109 Walks in British Columbia's Lower Mainland and I have added it to my list of "100 things to do before I die". I want to go through the book and do every walk in the book.
This week I have relatives visiting from Ontario so it has been great so far to hang out with them and go do some fun things. I look forward to the plans for the rest of the week.
Was going to go to Portland this weekend which got canceled which is quite sad, BUT I look forward to when we will actually go because it will be amazing, and my alternative trip that is shaping up is quite exciting...more to come when I know more details!
As of today, 17 more days until I leave for Australia!! People keep asking me what I'm doing there, and i respond, "Um.. I have a flight to Australia.." maybe I should make some plans.
I love picking berries straight off the bush. Unless they're not fully ripe and you eat them like yesterday.. then they're kind of not good. Too bad I had to keep trying them just in case one was amazing. Nope, didn't happen.
Here are my toes that I got done for the wedding. We all got little sunflowers on our toes since that was the main flower. I also have a french manicure on the fingers that is fast wearing off as I am not so careful with them now that the wedding is over. It's nice to have the nails done though!
Today I think I shall go take my camera out for another excursion. I might go buy a new lens as well. Or a new camera. It is something I have been thinking about for quite some time. We will see.
I have been loving the overcast weather and the rainyness. It is lovely indeed!! A nice change.
I was going to try one of these {i think they're plums} but then I remembered that eating random fruit from random plants in random places is probably not always the smartest thing to do...
I love this tree
Enjoy your Monday!!

1 comment:

kelly ens said...

beautiful pictures!
how long are you going down under?
what kind of camera and lens do you have now and what kind are you thinking of buying?