Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Inspiration, Insulation, Ideas

It seems like Mexico was a month ago, but then I remember that I only got back a week ago tomorrow night. Crazy how time flies by yet seems like it is so incredibly full!

There are more photos of my trip, but iphoto is strange and I dont' remember which I posted and which i didn't. So this will have to do for now.


I'm still exhilarated from the time in Mexico. How great to connect with the people there, the people on the team and to be encouraged in so many different ways. {And the incredibly learning opportunity of building a house of course!}
One night, Sergio, who is the founder of Baja Vision Ministries, came with a group to the school to share with us. A couple people shared their testimonies and then he shared his testimony, specifically the story of how God gave him an orphanage. I sat there entranced with what he was saying, feeling little sparks going off within my soul, passion being lighted anew.
His faith was inspiring. It dripped drops of water on my thirsty soul. Not simply because this is something that sounds great and I would love to relate to God in such a way and live my life with such a pure faith, but rather because I was reminded of what I have experienced in the past. The all-pervasiveness of God in my life. The amazing things that come from a surrendered heart. And in my heart, I longed for that once again. I get it in bits, but then I'm distracted by the things around me. Little by little, God is healing my heart and putting my foundation back in place. And I'm excited, because on this foundation, He will build something great, just like we built this bright blue house on a foundation in Mexico for this family.

{Here Brynje and I are accepting the box of watches from our family}


{Armed with a coke}



{Mudding one of the rooms.. helped me be a lot more grateful for those who drywall and mud for a living}
And thus concludes the thoughts I will share from Mexico. My heart is full and I have much to thank God for and to ponder.

1 comment:

Elsie said...

What a great experience for you and your team, and such a blessing for the family who got a new home.