Friday, July 30, 2010

Hats, Hair, Happy

I have a paper to write. Hence why I am blogging.

This week has been full of helping Des prepare for her wedding which is now only 8 days away! (yay!) So yesterday we decided that amidst the stuff we had to get done, we'd go on a date night.
We picked up the stuff for the favors on the way, stopped at IKEA and filled my entire vehicle with finds, and headed on our merry way to Vancouver! We went to Granville Island where we enjoyed wandering around the markets and of course, the hat store. I absolutely love hat stores and often which my head wasn't abnormally large so that it could actually fit the hats I could buy.
Then again, I probably wouldn't have anywhere to store the hats, so perhaps my large head is a blessings. Saves space and money. Doesn't stop me from trying them on in the store though!
For these hats, the lady said "if you put the string behind your head and under your hair, you won't look so dorky." I thought we looked cool. Apparently we looked like dorks. Happy dorks mind you.
On the way into Vancouver, I waved at someone I saw waving, and Desiree proceeded to wave, and then proclaimed "why are we waving?"
For dinner we went to the Keg as per tradition and it was fantastic! So tasty!
Then we went to the Waterfront Theatre to go see the musical Hair, which was fantastically done. I know a lot of the songs in it but had never actually seen it, but it was great. Even better were the comments from different people to each other during intermission. haha
And today, with the temptation to organize my life with all the ikea purchases I got, I will use some self-control and instead read through this stack of books and stack of articles and an attempt to write a paper after a year and a half of not writing one.
Paper is due tomorrow. As well as a 2 hour final I have to write. So today and tomorrow are committed to lovingly finishing this online class that I have oft forgotten. At least I have this bowl of cherries to keep me company. And after the bowl, I will probably have the toilet to keep me company.

Have a wonderful day and a great long weekend!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love hats also, and ALSO have too large a head! We should go into business together and make a hat store for people with big heads. GENIUS.