Thursday, July 22, 2010

YAHTZEE, yummy, yuppifying

One thing I have been loving about this summer is sitting on my patio enjoying the sunshine, and chatting intermittently with my neighbors.

The porch sitting was infinitely improved last week when I changed the lightbulb outside. I have never had a working light out there, but decided to take on of my 25 cent {highest quality} lightbulbs and try it out. And it worked!! So that meant I can sit out there at night, which has been wonderful!

Megan came over and her, Cedric and I played Yahtzee. I had been working outside when she came over and suddenly I said "Do you like Yahtzee?" And of course she did. And of course we played. About nine games..
Cedric was too busy eating chips to play.





But he made a new snowman blueberry friend.


Then we went to Waka Sushi which I had never been to, but it was quite good! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Except for the time when I almost accidentally ate Cedric..
We went to see Despicable Me, a new cartoon movie in 3D and it was fantastic! Laughed a lot! It was actually way better than I expected-I'd even see it again. We are yuppifying Cedric, in introducing him to more culture {a 3D movie can be considered culture, right?}All in all a fantastic way to spend the evening and hooray for outdoor porch lights which make summer evenings even more enjoyable!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

That sounds like a perfect evening, Yahtzee, friends and chips on the porch with a light. Cedric's new snowman blueberry friend fit right in.