Thursday, July 1, 2010

Laundry, Leopard, Lee

Approximately a year has passed since the Great Flood of my basement {backed up sewage-ewww}. Consequently, it's been about a year since I have done laundry at home. My old machines were taken out, months passed before the new ones were delivered and put in my garage, months passed before they were carried downstairs, and then months passed with empty promises of coming to install the washer and dryer with no one ever showing up.

THEN, the other day, at church, a friend of mine mentioned to the gentleman in the office that I needed a laundry hook-up and he said he would be there on Wednesday.

YAY!

Lee is my new favorite person. He came over, checked out what was needed, went to get the necessary parts and returned to install the washer and dryer. I can't even begin to express my appreciation! After he left, I scrounged the house for dirty laundry and decided to wash the sheets from one of the guest rooms. I literally stood in front of the washer, watching it swish back and forth and watching the soap suds form. I smiled and wanted to jump up and down a little because I HAVE A WASHER AND DRYER THAT WORK!!!

It is amazing how grateful you become for something when you haven't had it in a long time. Definitely something I took for granted before. Now if something gets dirty, I can wash it right away. I can throw loads in intermittently during my day. And I don't have to drive half an hour with my laundry anymore. My mom did my laundry for the most part, which I am SO grateful for because I'm never there long enough and she's AWESOME.

Anyway, so this is my happy post about my laundry machines that got installed on Wednesday. Oh Happy Day!! I'm off to wash some clothes!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love your excitement about this! And also the new layout. What inspired the change? Happy doing laundry at home day!

Carrie Cooper said...

Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

Hi, Vanessa! I found your blog through Heather. I love your w/d story--its a great post about waiting. Im learning to wait on the Lord & its never easy is it?

Keep up the great work on your blog :)

Yvonne said...

Woot woot!!! Yay for a washer and dryer that work!! I can't believe it's really been a year - wow!

kelly ens said...

suh-WEET