Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jocelyn, Joy, Jigsaw

I want to dedicate this post to my friend Jocelyn. First off, because

a) she just graduated with her undergrad degree in Psychology! Wooh!!
b) she claims she checks my blogs a million times a day and therefore I don't post enough.

So here's a post especially for her, with a picture of her diligently studying:

It has been fun this last week to celebrate with my friends who are graduating! Last night a few of us went to The Keg to celebrate which was great and then hung out at my place. Was delightful.

In other news, I received my Antarctica photos books yesterday! I am not in love with them.. well they're nice, but I should have ordered them in glossy, not matte finish. So the pictures are nice, but they would look ten times better in glossy. I might order one more copy just for myself in glossy.

But, along with my box of books, I received another box! Upon opening it, I found Melissa and Philip's wedding book. So nice. Okay, random because I have no idea who these people are and apparently they live in Ontario. Their wedding book looked kind of trendy on the outside, but on the inside, it wasn't nice at all. The layout that is. They have all the picture names under them. I'm hoping it was ordered by the photographer, but if not, that's too bad. Haha.. anyway, very random that I have this book and now I have to drop it off to be mailed to the people who are eagerly awaiting the arrival of their book.

And here's a picture of my cool partylite elephants anticipating some tasty veggies. Mmmm.. I had a couple friends come over for a tea party the other day and it was delightful! So great to catch up and just hang out.

And just an update, puzzles are taking over my life.

I got my long awaited for GRE scores back in the mail yesterday! haha.. Upon looking at my scores, I realized I should have studied. Some people prepare an entire year for this exam.. I book it a week beforehand and just got write it! hahaha.. I didn't do horrible and was still above average, but I know I could have done way better had I known what was going on! But the analytical writing part is the section that you can't really prepare for, and I got in the highest score bracket for that one, with 92% of the people who wrote it at the same time scoring lower than me. So yay for writing abilities! :)

Yesterday I had a revelation of something incredibly profound that I was going to blog about. And now I've forgotten it. Hopefully it was indeed profound and will secretly change my life now without me knowing about it.

Oh! I have a new blogging friend. Her name's Laura and she's absolutely hilarious and I love her stories! In fact she's coming over in a couple hours to make french toast. Anyway, check out her blog, and welcome her to the blogging world! http://laurawarkentin.blogspot.com/ (and i figured I would link to her blog a few times in this paragraph. haha)

That's all for today! Leaving on a road trip tomorrow! Woooh! So stay tuned for those adventures! :)

3 comments:

Elsie said...

OK, so I will remember your tip for when I make a photo book.....glossy pages.....good to know. And don't put picture names under each picture. Check. You may not know Melissa and Philip from Ontario, but I think I know your friend Laura (if her parents are Harry and Cathy). Congratulations on your GRE score, especially the writing part!

Laura said...

Hey, I don't think you linked to my blog enough. Could you get on that, please? :) I miss the puzzle and you already, and I'm sorry I left such a mess. I just remembered I left that cup on the puzzle table, plus all the french toast dishes. I feel terrible.

Kristen said...

Vanessa!

Congrats on the GRE scores - that's amazing! You have more balls than I do, thats for sure! (And brains!) I just got overwhelmed, cancelled my test and found a school that doesn't require the GRE! Hahhaa.