Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Excitement, Evening, Elliptical

Do you ever have an overwhelming feeling of intense excitement? That things are wonderful and even more wonderful things are coming?

I had no pictures to include in this post, so I took the liberty of taking some shots in photo booth to intersperse in this post and I truly hope you enjoy them. And perhaps they will get you a bit excited too.

Here are some of the reasons I'm excited:

Last night I went for dinner in Vancouver with a couple of friends that I used to work with at the gym in Abby. We hadn't seen each other in over a year but it honestly seemed like we were together a week ago. It was delightful to hang out and chat for a few hours. I left inspired and excited about what is happening with their lives and them sharing parts of the journey that they're traveling on. And even despite discontent and dissatisfaction, looking ahead to what's coming.

Every day I am loving my job more and more. It is a blessing to be there and to connect and build relationships. I love it and learn a lot from it. I feel richly blessed. And although I love where it's at right this minute, I'm excited as I get more grounded and move forward and make more plans for the future.

My relationship with Hans is improving. Hans is the elliptical for those who forgot. I usually never watch tv (except select dvd sets with a couple friends), but i have been watching glee while on the elliptical. 45 minute episode makes for 45 minutes of Hans quality time. Today I wanted to watch the next episode, so I went for another 45 minutes. I already feel my body regretting it though! haha..

I love my new blog and the freedom it's given me in being able to write about my experiences and thoughts and to be able to inspire and encourage others hopefully. I have no idea where it will go, but for now I am really enjoying the process of writing it.

I went to a great concert the other night and just bought tickets for a couple more: Jack Johnson and also Simon and Garfunkel (who i absolutely LOVE)

There are a lot of great and incredible musicals coming up which I am stoked for!

I love my church. It's far from perfect. But I absolutely love the community there and the people I have met who daily enrich my life. I am so thankful for new friendships that I never even expected. And it is just the start of it. I am excited because I keep meeting new people through my new friends and they are all amazing people that I can learn a lot from and who encourage me in different ways and I am grateful.

For the last little while I have felt at a standstill in my prayer life. Basically I haven't really known how to pray. Well, sure if I wanted to pray something, I could say a nice prayer... but I came to a point where I realized that I couldn't just depend on my "ability" to pray.. I wanted it to truly be from the heart. And so it's been a struggle connecting with God, because I come before Him and am often just speechless. Slowly though, as I have been learning more honesty and transparency, I am relearning how to pray from the heart.

I love my home and the renovations. I love that I can have people over and welcome them in. It is incredible to be able to have my own place that I can open up to others.

More and more I feel at home in Langley. I feel more distant from Abbotsford. When I go out in public now, I run into people I know. This may seem like a strange thing to be excited about, but you have to know that in Abby, every public place I go, I run into about 10 ppl I know. In Langley the weirdest thing was not knowing anybody anywhere. But this means I'm putting down roots and that's pretty cool.

I have lacked vision and purpose in my life for a while. Since graduating from school, I felt like I was simply burned out and not able to give from that place. However, lately I have been feeling renewed and refreshed, with a new vision that feeds my passions and gives life. Not sure entirely how this will look, but inside of me feels hopeful and looking forward to what is happening in my heart and mind as I see a bit more of the picture of how God is using me and will continue to do so.

I am starting to volunteer more hours in prison apart from M2W2 and am excited about those opportunities. I also started volunteering with power to change as an email mentor.

I am finally starting a photography business! Moreso to sell my shots of travel stuff, but also if people want me to do sittings with them. Feel free to join my facebook group, 'Vanessa Maree Photography'. I will be posting more stuff in the near future on that. :)


I feel more rested and content where I'm at right now. Generally I have a strong urge to travel all the time and be elsewhere. But now I hesitate to travel because I am so excited about what's happening here and now all around me. There is a lot of the world to see, but I have traveled a lot so far in my short life and am so grateful for that. So not saying that I won't be traveling in the future, but the pull isn't there as strongly anymore.

So that's that. A few of the things that are exciting to me right now. Life giving. Fueling my passions. There are more things as well that I won't mention right now, but more so, I feel like this feeling bubbling within me can't even be fully expressed in words in order to do it justice.

So I leave it at that. I'm excited. :)

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

so many exciting things - i love times like this where there are things changing all around...inside and out :)
I used to be in charge of that email mentoring program...takes me back a few years :)

Stéphanie said...

wow! Loved this blog Vanessa. So exciting to see what the Lord will be doing in AND through you right now. And your pictures made my day.