Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cleaning, Cookies, Cross-off, Clothing

Yesterday I looked at the pile of stuff on my stairs and realized that perhaps it was high time that I get cracking on actually cleaning my house from top to bottom now that renovations are done. Okay, so the stairs aren't that bad... but for me it is and it seems symbolic of what the rest of the house is like right now! haha.. so i set to work in a cleaning frenzy!

Washed some dishes... oh how I love my new popcorn bowls from disneyland and my fantastic mug that my friend made me.

Then I got all my cleaning products together and decided to clean my three bathrooms.. I figured they dont' need organizing, so they would take less long and then the sense of having clean rooms in my house would further motivate...
So my guest room is all cleaned now! So if you want to come be a guest, sounds great! :)
The bathrooms are all clean!
And then I had time to make some noodle cookies for my staff meeting the next day. So for those of you who want to try, here's the recipe:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 pack butterscotch chips
2 cups asian noodles
2 cups marshmallows

you melt the first two ingredients together, and then add the next two (I usually add way more noodles and marshmallows because it seems to have extra of the first 2). Then you separate them in clumps and put them in the fridge. Tasty! Actually I still haven't tried them, but a bunch of other people ate them today, so here's hoping they weren't disgusting.

I find cleaning such an interesting thing. I like things to be in order and to be organized and fairly tidy and for me it brings peace of mind somehow. Feels like life itself is less chaotic. For the last few months, things have been dirty and disorganized and I as a result have felt unsettled and mess overwhelms me. It's weird, because I wish it didn't influence me so much, but it does so I guess I have to deal with it? I feel better as things get cleaner, but I wish I wasn't swayed in that way... Oh well, I guess being aware of it is the first step. ;)

Have a great day! I'm off for a jog in the rain!

No comments: