Friday, April 9, 2010

Painful, Paint, Party

Yesterday was a wonderful day tinged with slight trauma (from my perspective) at the day's end.

Started off meeting a friend for breakfast, then a friend for tea, then a friend for lunch, then a friend for tea. And then I came home for a while to do some work, and then headed to a friend's for Girls' Art Night!

What an excellent idea to all get together and be creative! We had paints and canvases and even some writing and coloring pages. I'm not incredibly artsy. In fact, in elementary school, I used to take my art projects home so my mom could do them for me. I hated art. But I'm creative I think. So I brought my camera along to take some artsy shots of us being artsy! :)

I even decided to try a couple paintings as well. The first one I like, the second one is unfinished and not so much.. but hopefully in the future I will finish it and it will be an incredible masterpiece. :)

Megan posing with the modeling glue, which gives texture to paint.. was fun to try out!



melissa has been working on this butterfly painting for a while and it's beautiful! very cool! :)



This is my painting. I like it. I have three strips of tape on there that I pulled off later, making three distinct thick white lines through it which adds something. Didn't take a pic of the final product, but oh well.


loved megan's painting!
All in all a wonderful day and evening! Afterwards, Megan and I picked up pizza and went hot tubbing. That was fine and dandy until it started pouring.. i quickly grabbed our clothes and towels and ran them under cover and then went back to enjoy the hot tub. I stepped on something spiky but thought nothing of it, until an hour later when I couldn't put any weight on my heel without being in excruciating pain.

So after a couple hours in the hot tub, a small hole was dug in an attempt to get the foreign object out of my foot. Nothing could be seen but there was a large bump. And every time I took a step, it felt like all the edges were cutting inside my foot. Not fun.

So I headed home, and on the way hit a baby rabbit which was quite sad.

This morning I woke up and kept going back to sleep, because I knew if I got out of bed, I'd have to go to the clinic and it would probably hurt. So, I hoped that the next time I woke up, I would be miraculously healed, but it wasn't so. So off to the clinic I went.

After a 2 hour wait, I got the bottom of my foot frozen (and wow that hurts..). Then the dr. pulled out the glass which was bigger than she expected. And then I got a tetanus shot just in case. Sigh. What a day. Now my foot has a bandage and is very tender.

But I am glass free and can walk again so that is delightful!! Interesting adventure for the day that I was definitely not expecting.

Morale of the story: wear flip flops when walking in the dark outside. Wow. I feel like I've learned so much. haha. Glad I can laugh at it all, because it seems so random!

2 comments:

Anneliese said...

Ouch!!

Elsie said...

Sometimes your adventures are not so fun :( but you did learn a valuable lesson : )