Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hand, Hope, House

When I moved into my house, I found a lot of random things that the previous owners had left behind. I got rid of most of it and changed some stained carpet, etc. The one thing i have not been able to undo is removing what I call the "golden hand" from my wall.

I find the golden hand creepy. It has a ring on and it just sits there, bolted to my wall with a huge, stripped screw that remains despite five different people trying to remove it. I hate it, but at the same time have grown to love it. I think it's ugly, but it's this weird permanent fixture in my house. I always hope people dont' look at it and think that it is something I have put in my kitchen. My friend Kristen decided to put a picture of her and her boyfriend Chris in the golden hand so that it would add value and beauty to the hand. Indeed it has.

So, this post is quite random, but I wanted to share the story of the golden hand with all of you.

And since hope is in the title, I thought I'd mention that lately my heart is infused with hope. There are great things coming and I am anticipating them with great joy. And I am hopeful for where I am right now and am quite excited about it as a matter of a fact.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Perhaps it wouldn't be quite so creepy if you painted it??