Monday, April 12, 2010

Clue, Canucks, Concert, Canoe

What a fun and crazy busy weekend!! I just realized that I posted all of my pictures backwards, so I will have to go through my weekend backwards!

Yesterday began at 5am after a solid 3 hours of sleep. Drove my mom to the airport in Bellingham, then headed back home for a morning of church. Then to my place for a youth sponsor training luncheon.

Then maia came over for a bit, then Des and Brooke came over and we headed off to Vancouver for dinner and a concert! wooh!

Most places are always packed on event nights, but we found this random pub near GM Place and the food was actually really good.
Here's us at the concert. Party Rock opened, followed by Ludacris, followed by Black Eyed Peas! They put on an amazing show!! had some sweet special effects too! and we had a great time dancing around! :)




Lots of cool lighting and video stuff too.
And guys flying around on motorbikes! haha
Lots of different costumes too
Saturday, in the afternoon, Brooke and I decided to venture out canoeing.
Here we are excited to go.. however, we kind of forgot how to tie the canoe to the vehicle.. but we did our best. and prayed it wouldn't go flying off while we were driving...
As we were driving over a bridge, we realized it was quite windy as the canoe was shifting on top of the vehicle! Oops.. might need a lesson on how to tie it to the vehicle again! But it stayed on!
We didn't think to check the wind.. but it was really strong and there were fierce whitecaps on the lake... so we hung out at the beach for a while eating our crackers and then snapped a picture and sadly went back home.
At least we had practice tying our canoe to the vehicle right? Haha...


Saturday night, Maia and I went to the Canucks game! We grabbed some street meat (aka amazing smokies) before the game.

I always talk about making signs, but never do. So here's a sign we made for two of our friends because they wished they had been at the game with us. My other sign said "Iggy, I need a golf partner. Call me!".. Okay, so I meant it more in a mocking way.. because Calgary players are not in the playoffs but I don't think everyone understood. heheDefinitely one of the top 10 games i have ever attended as far as excitement and everything. I feel the playoff energy building up! We won 7-3. Daniel Sedin scored a hat-trick, with the most incredible shot for the 3rd goal, Henrik Sedin got 4 points, putting him ahead of Ovechkin in the race to win most points in the NHL regular season. First Canuck to ever win this award, so that was super exciting to be pumped for him!

Playoffs start on Thursday and we're playing L.A. for the first round-should be a fun playoff run! And I"m feeling hopeful!!


Friday night, at church for youth, we had a youth clue night (more on that below). Afterwards, Maia, Sarah and I headed to our church's soccer game. They play in a league, so we thought we'd go cheer them on! Although it was absolutely freezing, we had a fantastic time cheering them on! :)
We warmed up at Timmy's after and unfortunately lost roll up the rim. I don't really like hot beverages, but whenever they have roll up the rim, i must drink them. Guess marketing strategies work. haha
Back to Live Clue Night. We had 8 rooms set up in the church: the library, the kitchen, the bakery, the sports room, the hall, the conservatory, the study and the games room. We had great volunteers who came and helped us out by sitting in the rooms. The youth were split into teams and went from room to room asking different questions "Was it the rope?" It was super fun and I think I will be making it a yearly event!! :)

The Library

The Conservatory with Maia and Melissa

The games room with Chrystal, Tasha and Kaeli (thanks again guys!)

The kitchen with my mom (the whole time she was cooking us tasty food to enjoy after the game!)

Waiting for the game to start.

The bakery with Julie.


The boys helping out in the kitchen.

The study with Emily

Andre's cool new jewelry



Tea turned into dancing in the conservatory.

All in all, a fantastic weekend! But I'm wiped! I don't think I really had any minutes to spare all weekend, but it was definitely worth every moment!! :)
And I tried uploading a video, but it didn't work, so hopefully that will come soon!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I asked Chrystal "who did it" but she didn't know so now I'm asking you:) "Who dunnit?"

Laura said...

LIVE CLUE???? What a brilliant idea! Was it a success? I want to play now.