Saturday, January 12, 2008

More, Memories, Many

Five years ago, my dad passed away. This date always approaches with much apprehension on my part, because once it is gone, one more year has passed without my dad. Every year I become one more year farther from his memory. At times it seems like a distant memory that might not have even existed, because it seems so far away. Other times, the pain is so raw and fresh that it seems like just yesterday that we lost him. I have often avoided grief or remembering, but I realize that remembering his an integral part of keeping memories alive. It's funny how many times I still go to pick up my phone to chat with my dad. So, here are a few pictures of my memories to help keep the memories alive.



6 comments:

Becky said...

I remember your Dad a bit. On a few brief school related occasions, we met, and he seemed like a very proud father of his amazing daughter. That, I do remember well.

Yvonne said...

I just went back and read all your previous posts. I look forward to keeping up with you through this new blog. Praying for you as you continue to go through the grief of losing your Dad and all the memories.

Elsie said...

I remember your Dad too......a star athlete in high school, an ambitious and successful builder and developer.....but besides all that, he was your DAD, whom you loved and looked up to, and I'm glad you have good memories to cherish! Blessings, Elsie

Owen and Bonnie said...

Hi Vanessa,

I made it to your new blog! Looks great. Thanks for sharing these pictures - memories are so precious. When someone we dearly love leaves this earth, memories are all that's left. May you find joy as you cherish all the memories of your dad.

Bonnjie

Owen and Bonnie said...

Ha, Ha! I just saw the typo that I made...I guess I have a NEW name now!

Bonn[j]ie

Theresa said...

You have some great pics here! Thank you for sharing them!