Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Forgot, Friends, Footwear

So, yesterday I got an email that stopped me in my tracks.. I was reading it and almost crying, because I was like "Wow, I have moved so far away from this and have completely forgotten about it". I had been talking about how I need to make God a priority, etc. and how I was making room for Him in my life.

I got a reply back soon after just reminding me of the things I have forgotten. That I need not make room for God in my life, because He is my life. In Him, I live, move and have my being. Sigh. Here I try to make time for Him, but He's there. What I need to be doing is surrendering and dying to myself and giving up my life to Him. To cease striving. So hard to do. But man, I needed to hear that. It changes my whole perspective.

After reading this email, I went to spend some time in my prayer room. A girl from youth called asking for a ride to church an hour early (she was on worship team) and I totally tried to deflect it, because I was "busy" praying. She called me back because the person I told her to call had no leads for a ride. And I was just kind of hit on the back of the head (figuratively speaking).. I was so busy going to pray that I almost missed out on being Christ's hands and feet in giving one of my girls a ride to youth. Anyway, served as a good reminder for me. Still thinking about the implications of it all and what that looks like. I was there at one point but have drifted so far away that I need to go look at it again. So those are my thoughts of the day.

Had a great weekend. Went to some friends' on Sunday night for dinner and hanging out-always lots of fun! Monday I went for a nice long walk around Mill Lake with Chrystal. Unfortunately I wore bad footware with no support and did something to my foot. Now I can't walk without wincing in incredible pain. Much fun.

Classes are good. Tomorrow I'm going to the Canucks game!! Here's hoping they break this losing streak they've been on! I'm sure my presence at the game will give them some good luck!! haha!!

Have a wonderful day!!

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Good thoughts, Vanessa! We had a speaker at a ladies' retreat years ago who spoke on "practicing the presence of God". She reminded us that God is always with us and in every situation we can talk to him, praise him, ask him for wisdom, etc. As we practice this, being aware of his presence, we will be looking for his guidance and be in communication with him throughout the day......praying without ceasing! It's comforting and freeing to practice his presence.

Lovella ♥ said...

Vanessa this is such a excellent reminder for me too. Thank you for sharing your heart with us all.