Thursday, January 17, 2008

Grace, Gracious, General

No pictures today-sorry!

Interesting thoughts on grace though. Grace is something I do not fully understand, but I am hugely in need of way more of it in my life. (my understanding and giving of it that is). I'm not such a gracious person in a lot of ways, but I know part of it is me needing to learn God's grace in my life so that I can share it with others.

Anyway, in my philosophy class, we were discussing that if the world we live in is not the best of all possible worlds, perhaps the reason God created a world less than the best was as a result of His grace. Because had he created a better world, we would not be in it. So, God in His grace created us in this world. Much more to the argument, but that's a bit of it.

We got to taking about grace in general and how so often when we do things for others or do something nice, it is often seen as an act of charity that we did for someone who might have been "worse off" than us or something. However, no matter who a person is or whatever they've done, grace is seeing the value that is intrinsic in them as a person. And it is seeing that value and bringing it out in them and sharing life with them.

Ahhh.. so much in my head and I dont' do that great of a job of getting it out! But those are a few of my random thoughts for now!

I am glad for the weekend right now! I had lots of fun plans which all seemed to fall through, so perhaps for my exciting friday night, I will do some homework. fun! haha.. Have a good weekend friends!

No comments: