Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pickles, Plane, Prepared

The other night after a nice long walk, Nick and I decided to play Rack-o and Skip-o (notice the theme of games ending in "o". During the course of our playing, we ended up eating almost three jars of pickles (ewww) and played until about 4am. Wow. haha. By the end we'd make our skipbo piles about forty or fifty cards... but it was a lot of fun nonetheless. Here are a couple of pictures I took to document the evening.





So my plans for working have changed slightly.. I got a phone call today saying I don't have to start on Wednesday (YAY) but will start on Monday instead. I wasn't excited to start Wednesday because it's right after my last exam and I wanted a bit of a breather.. so I got my wish.

I decided to be spontaneous and book a quick trip. So I am leaving tomorrow night for Quebec and coming home Sunday!! Talk about spontaneity! I'm SUPER excited to go.. I think I was bouncing off the walls within the half hour I decided to book my tickets.. I have really been wanting to go visit of late and wanting to see people and just be. Quebec is my "heartland" and I love it so and I'm super excited for a mini retreat. I will get to play with kids I love dearly, have some great chats, be out in the beautiful nature, and speak French again. sigh. dream come true.

So I am off for a few days and you may or may not hear from me-time will tell! :) Tomorrow is my exam and I have been studying not as much as I should have been, but am excited to have it done. After having a few nights of about 3-5 hours of sleep and tonight getting five hours, the prospect of having a red-eye flight from Calgary tomorrow is not too appealing.. who needs sleep anyway? AND i get to see Jenn (and maybe Lindie) at the Calgary airport tomorrow during my layover. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Have a good week friends!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

Oh wow......have you ever seen a calf that's been let out of the stall for the first time? They run and jump and kick and frolic outside.....that's the picture that came to mind when I think of you taking off right after your last exam. Bon voyage!!!