Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lock, Laugh, Lady

This story gave me a good chuckle this morning in the Province paper:

A 911 dispatcher had to tell a caller how to unlock her car. The unnamed woman called police Sunday to say she was locked inside her car at a suburban drug store.

"My car will not start. I'm locked inside my car. Nothing electronic works. And it's getting very hot in here. and I'm not feeling well," the woman said.

The dispatcher asked the woman if she was able to manually pull the lock up on the door. THe woman said she would try, and then, she said, "Yes, I got the door open."

-written by Orlando Sentinei


Uh.... wow. Are that dependent on technology that we cannot even pull our door locks up manually? So, next time you are trapped inside your vehicle, just remember, a little lift will do the trick!! :)

5 comments:

christy said...

hey I just happen to be on here, but could you help me out? can you message me on facebook in a private message please your mom's sister Esters' phone number please?
Thanks
Christy

I would look it up but i do not know her last name and it is a surprise for my mom so I can't ask her and my dad had no idea!

Elsie said...

Cute story......reminds me of the time I needed to call the fire department and didn't know where to find the number.....

Owen and Bonnie said...

hahaha! Hilarious. I can't even believe that really happened...!

sonja said...

too funny! sometimes our brains just leave us briefly. too bad for this lady, she made it known to the world before it kicked back into gear!! lol

Chrys said...

I laughed when I read this story in the Province. Sometimes you just have to shake your head, and hope you never get caught having a 'blonde moment' in public!