Monday, March 23, 2009

Tired, Travel, Time

Happy Monday! I'm a little shocked that it is already the 23rd of March! Ahhh!! Everything is flying by so incredibly fast. Lately I have been getting more sleep than ever before and am so exhausted. I have decided that perhaps I have sleep apnea which could explain why I'm tired often and also why my mind is not working so well of late (or maybe that's just from being on overload!)

Lately I have been really wanting to go away, yet at the same time have been fairly content at home. I have to be content at home until about August mind you.. I think that will be record for me! I'm excited for some summer projects around the house and to go out exploring a lot more around the area.

This weekend in church I was on worship team which was great. A favorite moment of mine was when the leader started singing the wrong word. He pronounced f- and then realized, so switched and sang "heart". The resulting word was "fart". "No fart could fully know..." haha.. I paused and thought "Did he just sing fart?" I glanced over and noticed another band member trying not to laugh and had to work to keep my composure as well. The five year old within me thought it was pretty funny. :)

One of the quotes mentioned in the sermon was "It's never too late to be who you want to be". So true. yet so often I forget that. Change is possible. I see change as immediate as is reflective of the culture we live in today. We want immediate gratification. Yet, change is a slow and gradual process that we need to be persistent and perseverant in. So I was encouraged once again to keep pressing on! :)

Here's an updated countdown:
3 more days until Jocelyn comes over (just so she can be included in the countdown this time)
7 more days of classes!
16 more days until classes are over (and hopefully most of my large papers)
22 more days until my last exam
23 more days until I start work
83 more days until fun and excitement!

Now I'm off to do some work. I'm tempted to take another nap, but I'm off to prison in a while, so I will hold off. :) Have a good week!

3 comments:

Chrys said...

I personally am glad you'll be sticking around until August :)
And I wish I'd been there to hear the worship leader sing 'fart'. So funny!

Jocelyn said...

YAY I MADE THE COUNTDOWN!

Chrys said...

Don't you love the days when I finally catch up on commenting? :)