Sunday, March 29, 2009

Done, Down, Depression

I just finished writing a paper! YEAH! That means I only have like 70 more pages of papers to write for the rest of the semester! Boo ya! The paper I wrote was about religion and how sometimes it can lead to having an extreme internal or external locus of control (that's where you think the control of your life comes from.. you or other circumstances/people) can lead to learned helplessness and consequently depression. And how a balanced approach needs to be found between faith and works, between one's own actions and depending on God within them. Interesting enough. Not really sure if it makes sense, but I'm okay with that, because it's DONE and now I have one DOWN. If anyone likes editing and wants to read/edit my paper, let me know!!

Updated Countdown:
-six more classes to attend
-10 more days until classes are done!
-16 more days until my last exam! (and first exam)
-17 more days until I start working full time!
-77 more days until fun!
-70 more pages to type for papers
-120 more papers to mark!!

YIPPEE!

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

I would love to read your paper because it sounds like an interesting topic although I'm not sure how much help I'd be in the editing department. It's been ages since I've written a paper that's university appropriate.
How's work going so far? Do you think you'll enjoy working full-time? Hope you're able to get out and enjoy this sunshine!

Chrys said...

Yay for finishing one!! Must feel nice to cross something off your massive to-do list! I love editing, but I'm not sure how much help I can be if the topic is a little over my head...
I can't believe the semester is almost over. Crazy! I can't wait for April 15 :)

vfehr said...

Hey You! It's been forever!!!

Maybe we should have a paper writing evening together... wish sushi? or cake?? As of tomorrow, I i'm banning latte drinking... so milkshakes? okay that is a totally random post... but just thought i'd say that if you want to sit together and plow through a paper together that would be fun! I have 3 more to go! well talk to you soon,
V

Elsie said...

Interesting paper..... it's all about balance. That's why you balance extreme school with extreme traveling and fun, right?? ; )