Monday, March 2, 2009

Bahamas, Bathing, Beautiful

Well I was going to wait until I got a comment or two on my last post, but now I realize that might be years in coming, so I will just post again. :) But who knows after that...

So on Saturday I got back from a trip to the Bahamas with Lindie and Chrystal. WE had a great time! We stayed at Atlantis on Paradise Island where they have incredible aquariums and water slides and it is all pretty fun. The beaches were beautiful as well. I think one of my favorite things about going to hot places is standing on the beach at night, looking at the stars and listening to the waves crash.

Anyway, the trip was a lot of fun and I had some good moments of breakthrough and perspective change which has been really refreshing, but I will perhaps talk about that some other time. Enjoy the pictures!

Our row of flip flops!

Flip flop models











One of the water slides






















The tube ride we frequented far too often!

They had a conveyer belt so you dont' even have to get off your tube!






So I think my favorite part about having an underwater digital camera is to watch other people's reactions who apparently haven't heard that such a thing exists.

Here's some favorite comments:
"Um.. you realize your camera might get wet on this tube ride, right?"
(overheard by Lindie) "That's a really nice digital. I wonder if she knows that if it gets wet, it will wreck it"
I had fun playing it up by taking pictures while standing in the water and then pretending to drop it. haha.. Always an entertaining moment.








Apparently there was still a water spot on the camera.. conveniently blocking my head



The ride that goes through the shark tunnel. dun dun dun. that's Chrystal going down the slide.



Favorite moment on the tube ride. There's this massive guy really uncomfortably trying to lie flat on top of the tube. He floats by me and proclaims:
"Man! I thought I was top heavy! Wow!"
Um.. thanks. hope you do that to a lot of strangers. Anyway, I replied that he could sit in the tube no problem then if I could. So I told him to scootch his butt down into the hole and as he did, his bathing suit proceeded to slip off his butt completely, leaving it entirely exposed hanging in the tube and meanwhile he couldn't get out or move because he was kind of stuck. HAHAHA.. I think I died laughing then as we kept floating down the river with the full moon. :)





And that's all for now! No more trips coming up for now-I'm home for a while (we'll see how long that lasts!). I have decided that March will be my most insane and brutal month in all my years of university. Sounds like fun!! :) More updates to come!

6 comments:

Chrys said...

Fun! I had such an awesome time. You and Lindie are great travel companions :) You got some great pictures!

(oh, and you posted the self-picture of the 3 of us snorkelling twice)

kelly ens said...

amazing pictures, as ever!
LOVE the story about the guy in the tube...guess he got paid back for saying something so thoughtless! (pretty sure most women don't need to hear they're top heavy from some strange man!)
what kind of camera do you have? It obviously takes great underwater pics!

kelly ens said...

oh yeah...are all those sandals owned by just you three? i'm jealous...i want more flip flops!

Vanessa said...

thanks! The camera is an olympus and it is thirty feet waterproof and shock proof as well! So quite handy! I had bought it for my brother for Christmas, but turns out he had bought one a month earlier, so I kept it and am still wondering what to get him! :)

And yes, those are all our flip flops! hehe.. it's funny because I have a lot more at home, but I probably have so many just because I don't usually wear shoes! :)

Elsie said...

What an awesome trip you had with the girls!! Laughed so hard at the tube ride adventure and at your long row of flip flops. The water slide sounds a little scary. If you see Kona Hawaii on your traffic feed, that's me.......finally get to have a little adventure too!!

christy said...

oh my with the flip flops i own one pair and seriously wear them all year round!! Looks like you had a great time.