Sunday, November 30, 2008

Waiting, Weading, Weekend

Greetings! Internet is back on but I am still lazy, so no pictures.

I had something genius i was going to blog about that I thought of earlier today, but for now it has completely slipped my mind and you will have to content yourself with my ramblings.

I was on worship team this weekend at church which was great as per usual. It was baptism weekend and it was so great to see so many people taking the step of baptism and declaring their faith. Very exciting! I'm not a teary-eyed person, but for some reason, baptism always gets me! But they're tears of joy and excitement. Isn't it interesting that when we experience a certain emotion to the extreme, it seems to bank over into the opposite?

The sermon this weekend was on waiting. And how a lot of the time we are in a period of waiting for God. And in the waiting, God builds us up and prepares us. While I definitely understand the concept of waiting, I'm tired of waiting! I could list about four huge areas of life where this is big right now and so it's just frustrating, because I want to be out of the waiting... but I guess I just need to wait more and pray that God would continue to build perseverance and character through it.

I have to read a textbook for one of my classes as part of our mark.. I have not read the textbook all semester and have just begun. I am really tempted to just say I read the whole thing, but then I am reminded of my goal of having more integrity-so trucking through my 500 page history of psychology textbook I will go! Should be a fun afternoon!!

Here's an updated countdown:
1 more day until the month of fun! (it has been so declared)
4 more days until no more classes!!!
12 more days until my exams are over!!!!!!!!!!!
14 more days until Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25 more days until my birthday!!
26 more days until Christmas!!

Coming up next: my thoughts on my prison visit the other day and more details on the month of fun. Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Elsie said...

After so much weading and witing, you must be weally looking forward to some west!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your thoughts on waiting. Always good reminders to hear what others are learning and how and then to turn around and apply those same lessons to our own lives (hopefully).