Monday, November 17, 2008

Vancouver, Very, Vanessa

Hello! Sorry for the delay in posting. I have had the pics uploaded for a while but haven't taken the time to add words. Plus I wanted at least one comment before posting again. :) Just to have proof of readers! So for reading break, I pulled off the best surprise ever and took Chrystal to Vancouver for her birthday weekend. I told her I was going to North Dakota for the weekend and when she came to pick me up to drive me to the airport, I told her my flight was later that evening and I was taking her for dinner beforehand for her bday. We pulled into the hotel valet parking and she still didn't realize what was up. I then proclaimed "I am a genius mastermind" and "I found your birthday present". That didn't do it, so then I said "We're staying in Vancouver for the weekend for your birthday!" haha.. Then she was quite shocked. Kaeli had packed stuff in Chrystal's trunk so she'd have clothes for the weekend.
Friday night we went to Granville Island. We went to the Keg for dinner and then to Theatre Sports. We had to try on some hats at the hat shop first! Theatre Sports was great! It's improv and there's three shows you can go to. During the second show an audience member had arranged beforehand and proposed to his girlfriend during their audience participation "improv" part.. haha.. She was totally shocked and it was pretty fun to watch.
Saturday we went to the Aquarium. One of the belugas is only four months old and pretty cute (for a beluga). We watched the poo in the water which was pretty pleasant.




Tradition when we hang out and go on trips is to get copious amounts of wings. haha.. Yum!
And so ends our weekend!! Seems like it was just this past weekend. For the rest of the weekend, I put up my Christmas decorations!! Now my house is Christmassy!! So fun!! I will post pictures of that soon. I was pretty excited to have my own first Christmas tree. My mom has also been putting her decorations up so I will take pics soon and post those too.

The rest of the week was pretty good, ending with a Friday night on Granville going to the Keg and Theatre Sports.. hmm.. sounds familiar. haha.. just turned out that way. An old friend from high school and I get together about two or three times a year for dinner and a show and it's pretty great to catch up and hang out together.

I keep thinking that things are pretty easy breezy with school right now, because i have three big papers due next month in December. Then I realize that those papers are actually due on the 1st of December and that's um... like 12 days away. dang. haha.. I'm feeling WAY less stressed this month and it's been nice to get my head screwed back on straight and go for walks and do other fun stuff.

Have been learning a ton lately and growing. And being filled with hope. It's refreshing and exciting. Will write more to come. I just made the best Christmas present EVER and now it's done, so I'm off to bed. More to come soon!

Countdown:
3 days until I see Hairspray
8 more days of classes!
24 days until Hawaii!!
35 days until my birthday!!
36 days until Christmas!!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

December's only 12 days away? Oh boy - that's too close!
That's so happen you surprised Chryssie like that - it was fun hearing from Kaeli about all her sneakiness:)

Yay for Christmas decorating - it's so fun the first time you get to do your own tree in your own place. Looking forward to the pics.

Glad to hear things are less stressful this month. Learning and growing are always good - God shows/teaches us amazing things when we allow Him to.

Hopefully my comment means you'll be posting pictures sooner, rather than later:D

Chrys said...

seriously? Yvonne posted like 6 minutes before me!
That was an awesome bday weekend!! I seriously had NO idea at all...even as I was driving into the hotel parking. I just can't believe you had me 100% convinced you were going to North Dakota.
I just got home from work and I'm really hungry to the picture of those wings looks AMAZING. yummy! Oooh, and I want a caramel apple too!