Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Paper, Progress, Productive, Prayer

Today was declared official productivity day! I read the reserve materials in the library for my class in August (60 pages) and got a bit done on my beast of a paper (which i really am enjoying.. haha).

Anyway, here is one thought from the seven books I had to read for the paper. (there are many thoughts, so just one for now).

Gerald May suggests that our communication and relationship with God are always occurring without our awareness. I have often heard the concept of people being "on" or "off" with God and I've never really agreed with it. God is always there. Yes, we're not always attentive or responsive, or looking for God, but that does not mean to say that the relationship ceases to be.

Brother Lawrence said "People would be very surprised if they knew what their souls said to God sometimes."

Interesting though. In reality, my life is prayer, whether I acknowledge it or not. So what has my heart been saying to God? What's your heart been saying to God?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, God is always there, it's just that we're not always attentive or responsive. What has my heart been saying to God? "Thank you!" I am grateful for all the blessings in my life.

(BTW You must be the best "juggler" in the world, being able to handle all these trips with courses and essay writing in between!)