Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bard, Brakes, Beach

Sorry for the delay of posts, I was just waiting for more comments! :)

I am housesitting right now so I haven't had my laptop with pictures so I'm always sad to make a post with no pics which is what this shall be. But pictures will come later!

Saturday I reorganized... I'm housesitting for three weeks and my goal (a very lofty one) is to organize everything and clean everything. Will be a nice surprise I hope! I sang on worship team saturday night which was great. Services are in the gym for the summer and I absolutely love the set up! Much more casual and laid back. In the evening, I took Caleb and Emily to Jugo Juice and then we played Rock Band for far too many hours!!

Sunday I was back at church and then a big group of us went into Vancouver for dinner at an all you can eat japanese/korean restaurant. mmmm... i think we ordered too much food though and we were all pretty stuffed by the end!

Lindie came out Sunday from Calgary and it's nice that she could come to Vancouver as well. After dinner we went to Bard on the Beach where we saw 12th Night which was fantastic as well!

Monday Lindie and I swam and tanned and then went for lunch. Then Chrystal, Lindie and I decided to take my brother's truck to the drive-in theatre. Halfway down the driveway we figured the emergency brake was on, because it wasn't driving smoothly (yet it just so happens that that's how the truck drives.. because it has a giant lift). So i pushed the brake thinking it would release. However, it put the brake on, and unbeknowst to me, the parking brake release lever is broken. Oops. So here's a truck halfway down the driveway, blocking everything else in.. Hmmm.. Thankfully, Chrystal's brother-in-law Eric came to the rescue and it took him about a total of two seconds to fix the problem and we were on our way! Huge thanks to Eric! We watched three movies: Wall-E, Chronicles of Narnia and Step Up 2. Drove home at 4:45am watching the sky beginning to lighten and the beginnings of the sunrise come.

Once again, i have pictures to post and other things to write, but that will come tonight or tomorrow! Lindie leaves tonight so we'll have fun hanging out today.

Happy Canada Day!!

2 comments:

Elsie said...

I'm sure the people you're housesitting for will be completely overwhelmed and thrilled that you cleaned and organized their place for them!! What a sweet thing to do. Love reading about all your fun-filled days, even if there are no pictures.

Yvonne said...

I must say I had a good laugh when I came home and Eric told me he had to leave right aways to resuce you girls:) He was quite happy to help though. Glad you were able to still make it - can't believe you came home at 5 in the morning!