Sunday, July 27, 2008

Full, Funny, Friday

This weekend has been pretty fun. Friday night I went to Bard on the Beach. This is the third one I have seen this season and definitely the most gory one I have ever seen at Bard. Haha.. lots of blood and cutting off of people's hands, heads and tongues and stuff. Very interesting. Well done though! So far Twelfth Night has been my favorite! Now I just need to see The Tempest! The rest of the weekend was spent putting finishing touches on my paper and working on some readings for one of my courses coming up in August. One is on Psalms and Proverbs, so I have been reading through psalms as well as the textbook for Psalms, which is not small in any way, so it's been quite the read!

The other night was a full moon so I thought I would snap a picture-turned out all right, but I was talking on the phone while taking the pics so it didn't quite work out as well!
Here's a church sign that I just had to laugh at. Hmm.. I don't know, seems a bit ridiculous and a bit desperate perhaps? maybe not, but anyway, this church always has my "favorite" signs. Today I drove by another church that is giving "faith-lifts" this sunday. gosh. what are we coming to as the church? Is this really a good method of evangelizing? Hmmm...

Also, for those of you who are unaware, you should all get Bloglines. haha.. Chrystal and I were talking about how amazing it is and how more people should get it. Saves me SO much time! I put all my blog addresses that I check out on there and every time someone updates, it uploads there, so I just have to go to one webpage to see the blogs and it lets me know when everything is updated! It is amazing-try it out!

Countdown:
2 more summer classes
4 more days until Egypt!!!
26 days until Quebec!
too few days until I go back to school! (although I feel like I never left it!)

Bye friends! Have a great day! I was going to delay this post until I got two comments on the last post, but I figured it was futile so here goes! ;)

3 comments:

Chrys said...

Yay for Bloglines!! I was just thinking today that I should post about it. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow :) I'm definitely in the mood for more Bard on the Beach. I'm excited to see Twelfth Night again. So fun! Have an awesome time in Egypt! See you in a few weeks!
(I've been doing pretty good with getting the first comment lately. Yay me!)

Yvonne said...

Church signs are definitely becoming more . . . interesting. I think they're getting ridiculous and don't really evangelize all that well but they're amusing to read sometimes:)
Bloglines is definitely a must - I love it:) Have a great time in Egypt - if you have time you should stop in and see Jayce sometime before you leave!

Yvonne said...

P.S. Go here to check out some other church signs - you'll have a good laugh!
http://jesusneedsnewpr.blogspot.com/2008/06/church-billboards-rock.html