Monday, July 7, 2008

Surrender, Safe, Sunday

I've been reading about Gerald May's theory on spirituality and he talks about surrender a lot. And one of the criteria he gives for it is: "It represents a willingness to engage the fullnes of life with the fullness of oneself. It cannot be an escape or an avoidance. It must be a yes rather than a no." I like that.

This weekend has been pretty full. Saturday I went golfing at The Falls in Chilliwack with some friends, Chad and Rob. It was a lot of fun despite a bit of rain, we still enjoyed ourselves a lot! Kassandra (Chad's daughter) came along and rode in the cart with me which was fun! She even drove me around to, so I had my own personal golf cart driver! hee hee

I met my friend Laura for lunch at Olive Garden and then headed back home where I once again left to go to Chilliwack to meet my cousins' new baby, Jasmine. She's five weeks old and so incredibly cute! Then Desiree and I came back to my place and we watched 'Dan in Real Life' which I had seen before and absolutely loved, so it was nice to watch it again!

This morning I went to my old church and it was so good. It was so great to be back and I felt like I was at home and in my community. I haven't felt that in a really long time at church. So it was refreshing to be there.

This afternoon I managed to clean out and organize a closet! And now I'm working on doing some more reading for my directed study. Amazing how motivated I am to clean when I have so much schoolwork to do!! haha..

Well I'm back to the book that I must finish before slumbering. Hopefully sleep will come soon! Have a good week my friends!

2 comments:

Chrys said...

I think the only time I really get motivated to clean is when I have a lot of schoolwork to do. Funny how that works.
I want to be lazy and sleep right now, but I'm off to pack. Yippee!

Lisa Lu said...

okay okay here's a second comment...you better post as soon as you get back now! have fun!!!