Saturday, July 19, 2008

York, Yahoo, Yikes

So here are the pictures from New York. First the funny wing story. We got to New York and decided to grab a bite to eat at about 11pm or so. Went to a Texas BBQ place and asked how many wings came with a half order. The lady said six. So we figured we'd share the full order. Ha! When the plate came I laughed at first sight, because one wing to them is about four times the size as one of ours!! hahahaha.. Once again Chrystal has the picture of it, but it was pretty hilarious, because once again we were faced with an overabundance of chicken!!

First day there we took the ferry to Liberty Island (where the Statue is) and Ellis Island (the immigrant island.. also seen in Hitch). We had to wait super long in the line up but it was fun to be on the water and see the city from a distance!

Garbage cans of New York. Amazing how they can pick up after so many people. The hoardes of people everywhere at any time of day was quite spectacular actually.




9/11 memorial

Ellis Island



The view from the Empire State Building at night. Amazing!! i had fun taking pictures





At the Hard Rock Cafe

We took a bike taxi back to our hotel and we both thought we would die. ha. speed up when you see traffic come out of opposite intersections and our light is red. riiiight. crazy.




At the M & M's store. All 25, 000 square feet of it!! haha




Times Square at Night

We went to three broadway productions: The Lion King (SO incredible), Grease and Rent. Chrystal and I had a good laugh in Grease, because Taylor Hicks (past winner of American Idol) has one song in it. He had a dramatic entrance in his glitzy suit and everyone cheered like five times throughout his song. ha. maybe i don't understand because i'm not American? we thought it was funny.


Sunday morning we biked around Central Park twice. So beautiful!! Everywhere we went in the city, I felt like I was on a movie set!! haha




Here's my most recent countdown:
2 days until I go to the waterslides! fun!
3 more summer classes
11 more days until Egypt
23 more pages to write in my 30 page paper
34 more days until Quebec

Lots to look forward to! Hopefully I can get it all done. In August, between school and travel, I don't have a single free day. Wow. haha..

Have a great Sunday!!

3 comments:

Chrys said...

First comment again! I had such an amazing time with you on our trip, and I can't thank you enough for inviting me when your other plans fell through.
I feel so behind on my blog..I have to post all this and the wedding! It'll come though.

Nathan and Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip! Awesome Pics!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic trip! Makes me want to go there too!