Monday, March 21, 2011

Guelph, Grown-up, Growing

Greetings from me, being back home! My apologies for the delay in posting lately. Has been a crazy first week back home and I didn't have my pre-scheduled posts to count on!

Being home has been really good, especially for more than three days. This week has been busy with out of town family that was here for a memorial they hosted at my mom's. So it was mixed with sadness and joy at seeing family and celebrating life together yet grieving loss together as well.

Many pictures to post and stories to tell but I figured I would start with some from months ago. In January to be exact. Found them on my camera which had been dead.


During my cross-Canada trip back in January, I was blessed to be able to visit one of my dear friend's, Becky, her husband and their son. Becky and I met when I was in grade nine. We went on a missions trip to Mexico together. It was quite the adventure and we're both slightly crazy, so we clicked right away. It was a wonderful few days with them and fun to see how much their son has grown since the last time I saw them!

Becky's hubby was in an engineering competition at the university of Guelph, so Becky and I went beforehand to try making some stuff. Jordan's team ended up winning. Probably because of our help.


Anyway, it was a lot of fun to have good conversations, hang out, play in the snow and just be. It's so neat to see friends get older and become grown-ups. I say this knowing that I too am "growing" up at the same time. But it's neat to see friends you knew as single people be married with kids and to see that progression.


Because we look like grown-ups all the time, especially when we take photos of ourselves.


One day while Becky was at work and Jordan at school, I went for a walk and locked myself out of their house. Luckily they have a garage with a code. Then again, when I opened their garage, I realized that getting to the inside of the house would be no easy task. So I laughed and then proceeded to climb over their garage belongings. :)


And playing in the snow is always fun. Something I definitely miss, living in BC.




And thus concludes my coverage of a trip taken back in January. :)

Hope you are all enjoying this Monday. Enjoy the rest of the week and stay tuned for some more updates!

No comments: