Saturday, March 26, 2011

Capilano, Cousins, Canucks

Last week, my relatives from Castlegar were in town. My great-uncle Henry passed away before Christmas and they decided to have a memorial for him in Abbotsford since that's where he lived a lot of his life.


I have always loved it when any of them have come to visit. We all connect really well. It's funny because my mom used to babysit her aunts kids, and then they babysit us as kids. I also got to be a flower girl in Deb's wedding so that's really special as well.


We clicked well and had a lot of fun. Went to Capilano Suspension Bridge for the day on the Friday and beat the rain which was nice. Did you know that as a BC resident, if you pay for a day's admission (26 bucks), you get a year's pass? Which is expensive for one visit, but not for the whole year! So I'm excited to go back in the winter because they always do a lot of Christmas lights. And they're opening up a new cliff walk exhibit which also sounds pretty great.


My aunt Carol really hates her picture taken. This was the nicest one I took of us. The rest she refused to co-operate :)


Thankfully Deb and I share the same joy of taking beautiful photos. Or funny ones. With signs.




I love BC. And places like this that are surrounded by woods and it just feels outdoorsy. yeah it's touristy, but that was okay for this day.


And I love my mom as well. Because she rocks. And I love our friendship. :)


The bridge was super scary. Watch out.


Watch out for slippery surfaces. Thankfully I did not fall.




What do you do on suspension bridges?? Run of course!


Strangely enough, everyone slipped by this sign. It wasn't even wet really.


Sadly Deb had the worst fall..


Oops.


Hooray for suspension bridges!! They actually have a really cool exhibit that has little suspension bridges between trees. It's called treetop adventure and it's actually really cool. Great views as well.




My mom tried having a bigger wingspan than the eagle. At least she has a wider wingspan than the goose. Go Mom!




Unsure of what slugs do at slug crossings, but we probably fooled quite a few people into thinking we were giant, colorful slugs.






BEAR HUG!


White Spot before the game! Mmmmm!


All in all, a wonderful time with family and getting to know them in a new way as well. It was good to celebrate Uncle Henry's life with those who came to the memorial. I really appreciated hearing all the stories from his life. Always inspiring and humbling to hear of the amazing legacy people have left before us.

1 comment:

kelly ens said...

i did NOT know about the BC resident bonus of a years pass. i may have to take advantage of that :)