Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tampons, Traumatic, Thigh-Slapping

I learned a very valuable lesson the other night while going through airport security in Calgary.

I had tampons in my pocket. They're not made of metal, so I figured I was safe.

Until I had to go through the full body scan because my jean buttons beeped.

The lady said "If you have anything in your pockets, take it out"

I say they are empty and suddenly remember that there are tampons in the pocket and I look around and quietly (but not so quiet that the male security guard standing there can't hear) ask "Are tampons fine in my pocket?" She says nope, I have to take them out and hold them above my head while getting scanned.

So I step over to the body scan and hold my tampons above my head in the full body scan while the male security guard watches me, smiling and chuckling a bit under his breath.

Embarrassing. But I will look past that, because to me, it was absolutely hilarious. And now I forever have an image of me standing there imprinted in my head and I laugh every time.

So next time you're in an airport, don't leave anything in your pockets, because you never know.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Nooo! That is not fin at all! I'll remember that the next time I am heading to the airport :)