Monday, January 10, 2011

Ideal, Ikea, Indian

Last week Calgary Flames came to Vancouver to play the Canucks, so I phoned Lindie up and told her she should fly out so we could go to the game together. So I picked her up at the airport and we headed to Vancouver.

Before the game, we went for Japanese to my favourite Vancouver restaurant. And suddenly Lindie was half out of her seat, about to chase two men (dressed in suits and looking quite dapper if I may say so myself) out of the restaurant. Turns out they were Flames players (Hagman and Conroy). Sadly, Lindie didn't make it in time to get some photos, but we enjoyed that we had dinner with them.. Actually this is the same restaurant where the Canucks sometimes go. So perhaps we will have to frequent it even more often.


The game was ideal (for me) and Canucks won. For Lindie's sake, I was glad that Flames scored with 10 second remaining. Because then I was happy and so was she.


The next day we did a bunch of different things and on the way to Vancouver stopped at Ikea for some wandering around and random photo taking. I love it when Lindie comes to visit. The things we do are always incredibly random, but so fun, including a lot of laughs and good chats as well. Brings you back to simply appreciating the people in your life and loving spending time with them.


That evening we went to Vij's in Vancouver, which has perhaps some of the best service and best Indian food ever. And while you sit there, they bring around appies and chai. So tasty! Here we were joined by more friends and it was just a lovely evening all together.

Dropped Lindie off at the airport on Friday morning, and then I spent the day meeting different people and such, before being dropped off at the airport myself, for my cross Canada adventure. I decided I would go to Calgary for the weekend for my friend Jenn's birthday, and figured, why not keep going? Presently I am in Saskatchewan. And it's beautiful. Yay for snow. And for wonderful friends. I am blessed.

More intermittent updates to come soon!

No comments: