Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fatherly, Fond, Frequent

Today marks 8 years since my dad passed away.

This year, there have been so many moments when I wished I could have just sat and had a good, long chat with him.

I see my niece and nephew and know how wonderful of a grandpa my dad would have been, how much he would have loved them, how they would have made him smile.

I am thankful for people in my life who can step into a father type role and am so blessed to be loved and cared for.

But I miss my dad a lot, because I can picture him in all those roles and I know it would have been wonderful.

4 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

You were way too young to lose your Dad Vanessa. It is hard to understand why and yet I see that in spite of your challenges you have grown to be a beautiful caring individual and that in part is in credit to the Dad who loved you.
I also looked at our boys wishing their grandpa was there to take them fishing. . .big sigh.
Hugs to you!

Lori said...

I agree with above... you've definately become a person any father would be proud of! Thinking of you today. Hug

Elsie said...

I concur with the previous comments, and I hope you find comfort in the thought that one day we will have a joyous reunion, never to be parted again!

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing your heart. Thoughts and hugs to you today.