Saturday, January 15, 2011

Guelph, Great, Green

Right now I'm in the town of Guelph. A lovely, unique town in Ontario that is very green and friendly. I love its uniqueness and I love my friends who live here.

My friend Becky and I met when I was 13 years old. I had signed up for my first missions trip ever to go to Mexico, with what was then called YMI (Youth Mission International), under the umbrella of MBMSI. I joined as an individual, as did Becky and we ended up on the same team.

Somehow we clicked instantly. Maybe it was our crazy personalities and our zest for life and adventures. But since that trip, we have been friends ever since. Even though she lives in Ontario, we've been able to connect in BC, Ontario and Quebec and every time I am with her, I leave refreshed and encouraged.

We have a lot of great memories and some incredibly random ones too. And she always mentions how I'm the one who taught her you should always go double the suggested speed around corners. I don't quite remember that, but apparently in my younger days, this was some sort of horrible knowledge I imparted to others.

She got married a few years ago and it's been wonderful to see her little family growing. They have a son that is 20 months and another one on the way and I am thankful I can come visit and be a part of their lives and connect with them.

Presently I am waiting for my sheets to dry so I can go to bed. But once again, I am reminded of the many blessings in my life and am grateful for the people I have met along the way who continue to remain in my life.

Perhaps if I pull out my camera while here, I will snap some photos to share, but for now I'm just enjoying catching up, hanging out and playing with the little guy!

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

How special that you could make this trip and connect with so many dear friends!