Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Guest, Gyoza, Games

The last couple weeks have been filled with Canucks games, connecting with friends and just laying low and reading a lot and enjoying my down time.


The other night at the Canucks game, it was military appreciation night and my friend Destinye and I were lucky enough to meet a group of them outside in the parking lot. We took some photos for them and chatted awhile and it was well.. random. And really funny. We took a picture of them on their camera (and one of us so they knew who had taken their photo) and then we figured we'd take a picture with our camera to remember how funny and random our parking lot banter was.


What a great evening! The Canucks lost, but I honestly felt like they won, because the whole night was fantastic. I hadn't seen Destinye in months but spending time together was like a breath of fresh air in that moment. Exactly what I needed. I'm thankful for good friends who you can connect with regardless of how much time has passed between seeing each other.


But then Finn bit her head. Thankfully she was okay.


I should probably start a collection of all the photos I have with Finn.


At the game ready to get on the big screen which wasn't working during the first couple periods!


During first intermission a guy climbed into the jumbotron.. And then I stayed up there for 2 periods. Haha. Thankfully he got them fixed during second intermission, but then he was still stuck up there during the 3rd period. Hope he had a good time stuck up there. Haha


The night before that, Jannie and I went to the Canucks game to enjoy their 7 - 1 miserable LOSS. Boo. But Jannie is on the road to becoming a Canucks fan, so it's probably best to start loving them when they're losing, and then you're a fan for life, right?


Before the game, we went to my favourite Japanese place in Vancouver, called Hon-Jin. So tasty! And such good service. And the people beside us were probably talking about us in whatever language they were speaking. Only because we recommended some menu items and I hope they didn't hate them...



And here's a photo of precious Paisley. Just because she's a perfect pink bundle. And now I will stop using the letter "p" in excess.


A couple weeks ago, Cheri and i had a gyoza night at our place and it was fantastic. Cheri is pretty awesome and can make amazingly perfect looking and incredibly tasty gyoza! Mmm.. so good!! And fun to hang out with everyone too!


I think these were some of the best gyoza I'd ever had. Mmmm..











I always forget to take photos of myself to show I was there...


About a month ago I got a special invitation to join my mom and aunt's during their birthday dinner. Usually it's all sisters but one of them couldn't make it, and they had an extra ticket for a concert, so I got to come along! We went to a Thai place in the states and then to the Celtic Thunder concert. Was really great to hang out with all of my aunts together and enjoy being their special guest. :)


And so concludes a random post with random photos I have taken off my camera. A bit of what I've been up to. I'm excited for what's been going on in my life and for what I've been learning and being stretched on. Ahh.. not easy, but oh so good.

Enjoy this beautiful sunny day!

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Thai food and Celtic Thunder with your mom and her sisters? Sounds like a winning combination to me! Gyoza night sounds like fun too, and boy do they look good.

Chrys said...

haha when i first saw the date on this I thought today was Nov 23, and i had a moment of disbelief that you blogged this morning before heading to the airport. then i realized it's the 25th...