Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cozy, Christmas, Candles

Yesterday was one of those delightfully stormy, rainy days that makes you want to stay inside and cozy up on the couch and simply enjoy the delights of being inside on a cozy fall day.


So what do you do on a rainy fall day one might ask?

You light candles to make it seem more cozy.


You invite friends over to have a painting party {the ones above are mine, and they are now proudly hung in my closet. and yes, i will stick with photography}

{Karen's abstract masterpiece}


You play games for hours on end {I thought I'd include both pictures to show that I do not look crazy in all pictures}


{And this is my new favourite game by the way. If i had the choice I would play it for hours every day all day. It's called Dominion and although it sounded not cool at first, I absolutely love it!}


You eat vegetables because the day before (okay fine, and most of the rainy day) you've been eating candy, chocolate and chips.


You finish wrapping your Christmas gifts!


And then you put the Christmas gifts under the tree that you have already set up because you are obsessed with Christmas. Oh, and you put up all your other decorations too (but more to come on that later)

So all in all, I loved my rainy day! Surrounded by christmas lights, candles, and friends, it was a delightfully cozy day indeed.

But today is a gloriously sunny day, so I shall go for a walk and enjoy!


3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Yay for candles and stormy days. I love storms. And a double, triple yay for Christmas! How fun to have all your stuff up already.

Elsie said...

I love rainy/stormy days too, for the coziness inside the house. I like to make homemade soup and bread on those days for an added touch. I can't believe you're already set up for Christmas! Guess that's one way of avoiding the stress that many people feel in the Christmas season : )

Lovella ♥ said...

Stormy rainy days ..I love to bake bread and cook some borscht.
Funny girl ..you should be getting your home ready for the Christmas home tour. .you are so on the ball.