Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sickness, Steinkamp, Sleep, Stomach, Sarcasm

Greetings from Guatemala for the last time my friends! Tomorrow I leave for Miami where I will meet my mom and then we fly together to Peru!! Yay! And we'll be in Peru for a bit, then Ecuador, then a seven day sailing trip through the Galapagos Islands! You can pray that i won't get robbed or anything in Peru... You can also pray that I would get better! The other night I was throwing up all night. It seems like things are on the up and up now but we will see! I'm just sick of being sick! It's frustrating.

Steinkamp is for Rob (his last name) who is in our group. It was his suggestion as to what I should add to my title with the S theme. Last night was the first night I slept through the entire night without being sick in the bathroom! Praise the Lord! :) Okay, enough about me not feeling good.. old news.

I have been discovering a love for all the ruins here in Antigua. They're partially destroyed by earthquakes and you get to walk around all the rubble and stuff. And the nicest place to go sit in Antigua is McDonalds.. hahahaha.. Okay maybe there's nicer, but honestly we found the nicest McDonalds I've ever been to in my life.. There's a courtyard with a fountain and plants everywhere and in the back you can see ruins. ahh.. nice place to just go and relax. Pretty fun.

Anyway, I'm off but wanted to say hello one last time from Guatemala. Not sure what internet access will be like but i'll try to update a bit while I'm on the next leg of my trip!

1 comment:

Chrys said...

International McDonalds are so fun! The one in Alicante sells beer which I thought was funny. Sailing through the Galapagos sounds cool!